[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
British Fish Pie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 92592597_4b2ba5db3e_o.jpg (85 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
92592597_4b2ba5db3e_o.jpg
85 KB, 800x600
Find a flaw.
>>
Fish pie is great. Not sure what that egg or red stuff is doing in there though. Just need fish, onion, leek, potato, peas, milk and butter and mustard basically.
>>
>>7365470
>Fish pie is great.
Brit detected.
>>
that's stargazy pie, fish pie is nothing like that
>>
>>7365470

I was under the impression that egg was a standard ingredient in stargazy pie.
>>
>>7365498

because that anon is talking about fish pie
>>
>>7365501

Then why'd OP post a Stargazy pie then?
>>
>>7365480
He might be, but I'm an American who also loves fish pie. It's actually one of the better ways to prepare the shit frozen fish we can get in the flyovers.
>>
It's British.
>>
So OP is such a blatant countryshitting moron that he doesn't even know the food, or the culture, he's posting about to an extent that he'll give it away in the first goddamn post?

I am not impressed.
>>
>>7365520
I'm only interested in showing the world the wonders of British cuisine.
>>
>>7365559
Fish pie is similar to shepard's or cottage pie.
They are not pies in the common sense. A fish pie contains peas, seafood and sauce topped with browned mashed potato. shepards pie swaps the fish for lamb, and cottage pie uses beef.
What you have posted is a pie with fish in it, not fish pie.
>>
>>7365504

because he doesn't know the difference
>>
>>7365632
Or maybe you're being pedantic, and that a stargazy pie is a subset of fish pies in general?
>>
>>7365642
mate, if someone says fish pie they mean >>7365567
stargazy pie is a different thing entirely.

it's like calling a chicken sandwich fried chicken, they are similar but not the same.
>>
>>7365567
Fish pie is also quite creamy, and can be adjusted for different seafoods.
>>
>>7365651
Are you trying to say that Stargazy pie isn't a type of pie with fish in it?
>>
>>7365662
no, its just semantics.
Stargazy pie is a pie, fish pie is fish pie
>>
>>7365464
The flaw is that I don't have a piece in front of me on a plate

Minus the head, I think I'll take that off.
>>
>>7365642

the anon clearly responded as if he was talking about fish pie, not the set of all fish-based pies but the dish, fish pie. i was just clarifying the issue you cunt.
>>
>>7365464
>Fuck all that "properly season and cooking individual proteins, veggies and carbs" bullshit, I'll just mix it all together and cook it in a pastry crust.
>>
>>7365672
If it's got fish in it, it's a fish pie, you dumb cunt.
>>
>>7365818

why are you arguing about this, no one is saying it isn't *a* fish pie.
>>
>>7365796
>>7365818
>>7365821
Cunts.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.