[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I drink at least a gallon of soda a day, sometimes as much as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: soda-fountain-437p.jpg (88 KB, 650x577) Image search: [Google]
soda-fountain-437p.jpg
88 KB, 650x577
I drink at least a gallon of soda a day, sometimes as much as three. Obviously this is expensive, how long would a soda fountain take to pay for itself? I can afford a couple thousand dollars so long as it saves money long term.
>>
File: 1454322610172.jpg (17 KB, 320x374) Image search: [Google]
1454322610172.jpg
17 KB, 320x374
>3 gallons

Nice bait thread, I'll make popcorn while we wait for 7 people to yell at you to drink water, and then the thread dies.
>>
>three gallons of soda a day
do you spend all day peeing?
>>
>>7365259
I only drink 3 gallons on really hot days when I have to go outside (like going to the store in summer), sweating makes me very thirsty.
>>
>>7365262
CAN he even piss by himself? 3 gallons of fucking soda? He must need Machines to get out of bed.
>>
>>7365262
No, I only pee every other hour and it's the color of apple cider. I mostly sweat it out.
>>
If it's not diet you're gonna die soon, but not before you have several kidney stones. the pain is supposed to be so bad that you can hallucinate and in olden time the thought it was demonic possesion.

Anyway, a SodaStream costs $99 but between C02 and syrup it's about $0.65 per liter.

Coke is currently $1.25/L at Walmart so it would take a very, very long time to pay for itself.

You could probably get a commercial soda fountain for a couple of grand used, but you need to also buy full sized CO2 and syrup boxes, and you'll need it plumbed and wired up properly
>>
You realize a soda fountain is just a machine that dispenses the soda you were already paying for correct?
>>
File: CHIKKENSHIHHBULLSHIIIHHHHTTT.gif (2 MB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
CHIKKENSHIHHBULLSHIIIHHHHTTT.gif
2 MB, 300x245
Im going to just assume this is a serious post, and that you ARE actually retarded.

First off, cut back on your fucking soda holy shit. You are recommended 8 Cups of water a day, and you're exceeding that limit by not only large amounts, but the sugar in youre ingesting? I dont see how you arent dead.

I dont care if you switch to Diet Soda, Fizzy Fruit Juices, or Coffee. Fucking stop drinking soda if you feel like having both your legs by age 40.

If you REALLY care that much about your Emotional Addiction to sugary foods from your depressing life, invest in a Make-Your-Own-Soda kit with seltzer water and flavour packets.

TL;DR youre gonna die in 8 years
>>
>>7365270
Thanks, Soda Stream is nasty, you can't even get full sugar soda (it's always either not sweet enough or artificially sweetened). Diet soda is dangerous, you body can't handle sweeteners, sugar is just energy.
>>
>>7365274
The syrup can be cheaper than bottled soda.

>>7365278
As I said, sugar is just energy. I know this because I get really tired when I don't drink soda.
>>
>>7365252
Cost per ounce depends on how much syrup you buy. But since you're considering this form of slow suicide I say don't worry about it.
>>
>>7365283
>As I said, sugar is just energy. I know this because I get really tired when I don't drink soda.

Stop trolling, or stop being so fucking retarded
>>
for one second lets pretend that we believe your stupid claim. If you are seriously drinking 2 gallons of soda and your piss is still dark yellow you are having some serious, serious problems. I drink a gallon of water a day in the summer because I work 10 to 12 hour days outside in the sun. My piss is almost clear during the summer.
Now if you meant your piss is brown go to the fucking doctor now.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-02-15-41-46.png (533 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-02-15-41-46.png
533 KB, 800x1280
>>7365283
>i get really tired when i dont drink soda

Gee, maybe because you fucked up your body everyday for god knows how long by chugging down water, sugar, and caffeine.

You need to start weening yourself off. Slowly change daily habits of soda drinking, to simply skipping that and having a glass of ice water, or tea instead.

Your body cant handle that. I seriously doubt your body is working hard enough for "sugar to be energy". Yknow what happens to unspent 'energy'?

You get fat. Which you probably already are, because what normal person argues over drinking 3 gallons of soda?

Change your lifestyle Anon. Thats all Im gonna say to you. If you really respect your body and have plans of living to see old-man life, quit it.
>>
>>7365292
It's yellow brown. I'm not going to my doctor because he doesn't understand body positivity and intuitive eating.
>>
File: HOLOCAUST JOKE.png (762 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
HOLOCAUST JOKE.png
762 KB, 800x1280
>>7365298
>BODY POSITIVITY

Yep, troll.

Stop replying

Sage

Mods Mods Mods
>>
>>7365278

this is not a real thread. This is a b8 thread.
>>
>>7365298
ah see you went too far. now we know 100% that you are a troll.
>>
>>7365252
Well, consider a few things

>Most restaurants with soda fountains do not actually pay for their soda
Typically coke or pepsi will compete to provide soda to get more exposure to the market since syrup is ridiculously cheap to produce.
>Soda fountain costs are maintenance, stocking fees, and the initial investment
Assuming you want your soda carbonated, you've really just switched from the cost of needing soda to the cost of needing c02. With the initial investment, and since you're not reselling your product, it would take a very long time to recoup your investment.
You'd honestly be better off moving towards a cheaper soda like GT Cola.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-24-22-03-53.png (490 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-24-22-03-53.png
490 KB, 800x1280
>>7365298
yablewit.gif
>>
File: pMc1TG6.jpg (54 KB, 500x570) Image search: [Google]
pMc1TG6.jpg
54 KB, 500x570
>>7365298

>intuitive eating

What hamplanet bullshit is this?
>>
>>7365315
I dunno if it's a fatbody meme or what, but the term makes sense to me as a fit person. If I'm prevented from exercising for a week or two (like if I'm on an extended business trip to some crowded polluted asian city and the gym doesn't have a gym), I end up eating crappier foods because my body isn't intuitively telling me that I need vegetables and protein.
>>
>>7365252
>how long would a soda fountain take to pay for itself?

It's proabably not practical. I looked into this a few years ago for my business. Several of my buildings are not air-conditioned so I provide plenty of cold drinks to my employees. I thought it was getting expensive to buy sodas and gatorade at retail prices so I looked into getting a fountain. It turns out they are very difficult to find! The standard business model seems to be that if you buy enough syrup from your local Coke or Pepsi rep they they will loan you the fountain for free. The problem is that it takes a MASSIVE amount of syrup in order to qualify. Both my coke and pepsi reps suggested it was cheaper to get a wholesale account with them and just buy the sodas/bottles in bulk rather than having a fountain. I got a quote for that and it turns out it was cheaper for me just to go to Sam's or Costco.
>>
>Obviously this is expensive

no it isn't.. soda is cheep.
>>
>>7365333
This, bottled water almost always costs more than a generic soda. Healthy living gets expensive quick.
>>
>>7365336
Why buy bottled water unless you are traveling? Just get a carbon filter and filter your tap water. You'll pay for the filter very very quickly.
>>
>>7365252
>I drink at least a gallon of soda a day
you don't need to plan long-term you filthy sack of shit, you'll die soon enough; keep drinking that trash: you are what you eat, after all
>>
>>7365328
have working in building administratio and can confirm.

buying in bulk, cans are cheaper than a soda fountain, plus you don't have maintenance and shit. you can rent soda machines for a fairly low fee, or get a couple a freezer chests
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.