[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to start enjoying the texture of tomatoes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
What's the best way to start enjoying the texture of tomatoes, /ck/? I like the taste, but I've always been put off by the texture of it. Are there any ways to prepare large chunks or wedges other than eating them raw in a salad or something?
>>
Kill yourself you massive faggot
>>
>>7359793
raw tomatoes come in two textures, firm, and soggy, have you tried both? lot's of people swear by one and curse by the other
>>
>>7359793
>texture over flavor
Autism speaks
>>
>>7359793
Make sure they haven't been refrigerated. It seems most people I talk to that don't like tomatoes (especially the texture) keep them in the fridge and they get mealy.
I love tomatoes.
>>
>>7359822
>autism
Some people just don't like eating a slimy mouthful of seeds. I think it's a valid complaint, but it doesn't bother me personally.
>>
File: Avomatoes.jpg (835 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Avomatoes.jpg
835 KB, 2048x1536
>>
>>7359834
http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/09/why-you-should-refrigerate-tomatoes.html

Interesting article on tomato refrigeration. I think OP's problem could just be he is buying shit tomatoes. They're really only worth eating plain in the summer months when you can get fresh farmers market ones. The difference in quality is actually amazing.
>>
Grow your own heirloom tomatoes.

Taste much better than those from the supermarket.
>>
>>7359953
The article is interesting, but I'm still not going to refrigerate my tomatoes. You can show me all the articles you want saying that the texture isn't affected, but I disagree. I think I can tell a difference. Also, all that mold and shit on the tomato after 4 days on the counter? What the fuck is wrong with your counter?
>>
>>7359953
Fuck me, these people are annoying!
>>
throw a lil salt on some sliced tomats
>>
>>7359793
Ignore all these retards talking about refrigeration techniques. The real answer is you grow your own. The ones you buy in the store arent fully ripe hecause they pick them early. When you grow them, they mature and lose the mushy tasteless white stuff inside. Instead its just firm juicy red flesh throughout. Its a completely different experience.
>>
>>7361790

90% of the civilized word is currently covered in snow...
>>
>>7359984
>you can show me all of the evidence you want, but I'll stick to my opinion anyway
>>
>>7361795
Despite my best efforts to have it recognized as.such anon, the east and midwestern US isn't 90% of the civilized world
>>
>>7359793
>raw tomatoes
>in winter
>>
>>7361859
WTF are you smoking? America is the entire world.

Fucking commie.
>>
>>7361871
Are we witnessing the birth of an epic new meme?!
>>
>>7361892
Let's play hold your breath in sulfuric acid. You first.
>>
>>7361892

Does 'straya actually go by northern hemisphere seasons, despite being the opposite?
>>
File: 1451924609794.jpg (45 KB, 640x534) Image search: [Google]
1451924609794.jpg
45 KB, 640x534
>>7361892
>mfw /ck/ is the new /tv/
>>
>>7359793
usually, fresh tomatoes are bad when not in season, summer that is, whenever it be in your country.
>>
>>7359793
tomatoes and cucumbers together in a salad is nice
>>
>>7361910

Please don't turn my home board into another /b/.
>>
>>7361910
Go pretend you're a regular on some other board, you simple, dripping, yeast infected gash.
>>
>>7359793
ayy, the texture is exactly what I love about them.
>>
>>7361910
It definitely has potential my friend
>>
>>7361871
Import them from Chile.
>>
>>7362236
>expecting decent quality
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.