[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So huge problem here. You know how when you just want to drink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 81It5f1CGrL._SL1500_.jpg (144 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81It5f1CGrL._SL1500_.jpg
144 KB, 1500x1500
So huge problem here. You know how when you just want to drink a cup of tea or need some hot water for your ramen you will start boiling water. In my case I always fill the water boiler up with more water than I need because why the fuck not. At the end I use up only a small amount of the water which seems like a waste to me.

Any tips what I can do with boiled water?
>>
Literally anything
>>
Do the boiling water challenge.
>>
File: 1454525683464.jpg (28 KB, 350x371) Image search: [Google]
1454525683464.jpg
28 KB, 350x371
wash yourself you filthy fuck
>>
>>7359659
Cook more ramen, or make hot chocolate
>>
Boil some more water in it
And then boil some more water in the resulting boiled water

Keep repeating this and you will eventually have a mother water sauce that your sons will pass down for generations to come.
>>
File: 1445714035935.jpg (74 KB, 590x390) Image search: [Google]
1445714035935.jpg
74 KB, 590x390
>>7359659
>I always fill the water boiler up with more water than I need because why the fuck not. At the end I use up only a small amount of the water which seems like a waste to me.
>more water than I need
>why the fuck not.
>seems like a waste

then just stop doing this, you idiot. fill it up as much as you need.
>>
>>7359681
I don't it would make a difference in energy used and water is as good as free anyway.
>>
>>7359683
then pour that shit down the drain, water your plants, give it to a local stray dog who's down on his luck. I don't understand your problem....
>>
>>7359693
It isn't really a problem. I just thought maybe I could use boiled water for something.
>>
File: 1451157283808.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1451157283808.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
>>7359659
>So huge problem here.
>>7359702
>It isn't really a problem.
>>
Make an electric generator that runs on steam and charge your cell phone with it.
>>
File: 1393123100065.png (86 KB, 297x333) Image search: [Google]
1393123100065.png
86 KB, 297x333
>>7359712
It was supposed to be funny.
>>
>>7359712
It IS a major problem but it isn't a problem at the same time. You just don't get it.
>>
so I guess OP thought this would be an epic xDD funny thred with funy replies lol xDDDDD
stop this shitposting
>>
>>7359732
What the hell is wrong with you?

The boiled water question was legit. Only that it was a huge problem was an obvious joke. Playing with exaggerations, making something big out of something trivial.
>>
>>7359712
this thread is really a rollercoaster of emotions, I don't know if I can keep reading
>>
>>7359732
op's not looking for something to do with the extra boiled water because boiling water somehow changes it

it's more like

energy is used to boil this entire kettle regardless of how much water is in it. so what's the best way to use an entire kettle's worth of water so you're actually *using* all of the energy you just put into boiling that water?

yeah it's trivial and a little silly but i don't think it was meant to be a troll thread or shitposting

op do you like iced tea? i used to make single servings of tea in mason jars and then throw them in the fridge for later. really great during the summer.
>>
File: 50023791.jpg (26 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
50023791.jpg
26 KB, 480x480
>>7359659
Get a smaller kettle then.
>>
>>7359760
>energy is used to boil this entire kettle regardless of how much water is in it.
Are you saying that it takes as much energy to bring 1 cup of water to boil as it takes to bring 10 cups of water to boil? Using less water should use less energy. Just use less water for fuck's sake.
>>
>>7359771
i don't think it's anywhere near that big of a quantity difference, but op mentioned a water boiler and not a stove top. so i'm just assuming it's a kettle he's plugging in and letting do its thing.
>>
>>7359771
Maybe if you have a high end boiler. A normal one will always operate with the same voltage and even get damaged if you try to boil water without filling it up with water.

You can steam your face with boiled water. Put the boiled water and some medical herbs into a bowl and get your face over it and cover your head up with a towel. The healthy steam will clean out your skin and breathing it in will do good shit to your body.
>>
>>7359782
>>7359787
Every electric kettle I've used has had a heating element and a thermometer. When you turn it on, the heating element starts to heat the water and stops automatically when the water boils. The less water you use, the less time it takes. I've always considered this to be a standard kettle, and not "high-end."
>>
>>7359787
>breathing it in will do good shit to your body.
Thank you for that medical advice, Doctor.
>>
Use it in your iron (you do iron your clothes, right?), make clearer ice cubes, or unclog a baby.
>>
>>7359841
I know people who iron their towels. I don't iron at all.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.