[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The parasite that wasn’t-A case of mistaken identity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Vigna radiata.jpg (76 KB, 549x739) Image search: [Google]
Vigna radiata.jpg
76 KB, 549x739
http://www.cfp.ca/content/57/10/1145.full

An anxious but healthy 32-year-old male physician presented to the family medicine clinic with a sample of suspected parasites from his stools, which had been retrieved from the toilet that same day. Having a background in clinical health sciences, he had a number of questions and concerns regarding the stool contents and intestinal parasites. Upon questioning, the patient reported traveling to India 2 years before. Soon after the trip he experienced an episode of extreme gastrointestinal upset involving nausea and diarrhea that lasted 2 weeks before resolving. He also had a long-standing history of loose stools and difficulty gaining and maintaining weight. In addition, the patient noted that he had eaten Chinese food the night before.

The patient was otherwise asymptomatic, and results of physical examination were normal. After examining the stool samples (Figures 1 and 2), and in the light of his travel history and symptoms, a possible diagnosis of hookworms was considered. The sample was sent to the microbiology laboratory for further analysis.

Later that day, the microbiology physician called to report positive identification of Vigna radiata (previously known as Phaseolus aureus) in the stool sample.
>>
When I was an alcohol I passed out and fell off my bar stool once and then some parasite stole my wallet.
>>
Hookworms are supposed to be good for autoimmune disease.
>>
>>7359102
You'll always be an alcohol m8
>>
Tldr it was just sprouts and the guy is a retard? Neato.
>>
>>7359109
Nice try hookworm. Fucking freeloader
>>
>>7359636
>>7359109
There's something to this; they secrete substances that causes the immune system to overlook them and this masking effect would have secondary actions in autoimmune diseases
>>
>>7359127
i ate a salad with some kale one day.
shat it out the next day and found a giant, pretty much intact green leaf stuck to a brown log.
laughed at it for 10 minutes straight.
>>
>>7361096

>he doesn't chew his food
>he tried eating vegetables for the first time in his life
>>
>>7361125
you must be great at parties.
>>
>vigna
>phaseolus
Those are bean sprouts
>>
>>7361136
Better than the faggot who tells everyone about the time he shat a leaf
>>
>>7359086
This is why I cringe whenever I see pictures or video of people going on fishing trips and fileting the fish on the boat and eating it.

"Freshiest sushi in the world!"

Sure not every fish has parasites or they cant survive in the human body but many can and do.
>>
>>7361148

You cringe because the fish are going to give them ass-beans?
>>
>>7361168
They dont even know it. I've commented on their pictures but most of them seem ignorant or defensive like "It's super fresh so there cant be parasites"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.