[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy a jar of ready made thai green chilli paste to experiment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
>buy a jar of ready made thai green chilli paste to experiment
>use coconut cream to make the curry sauce
>resulting curry sauce is really salty

Any suggestions on making it less salty?
>>
>>7358272
buy a product with less salt
>>
Make it yourself and control the amount of sodium.
>>
>>7358272
Read the ingredients on the label and cut the salt.

Seriously. This works for a lot of things.
>>
>>7358281
yea im talking about how to make it less salty, not how to get something less salty
>>
>>7358281
>>7358293
>>7358299
common sense is not common
>>
>>7358300
add warm milk
>>
>>7358272
Add some water
>>
>>7358313
how would that help
>>
>>7358272
soak a cut potato in the liquid for an hour checking every 15 minutes for taste and removing when satisfactory
>>
>>7358530
what?
>>
>>7358628
the potato will suck up the salt, making it less mouth raping
this is an old trick and it pains me to see that there are people who dont know how to use it
>>
>>7358635
what if you dont want to soak it for an hour
>>
>>7358666
then enjoy your salty curry anon.
>>
>>7358272
that's strange. every green curry paste i've bought or made does not have any seasoning. usually and traditionally, fish sauce is used to season the curry as it's cooking. was the paste you bought anything but thai? i usually find better results buying the thai or at least asian international brands. mae ploy is pretty good
>>
Stop starting threads with that image.

Every time I see it I think my internet is broken.
>>
>>7358832
it says thai green curry paste
>>
>>7358854
theres also no mention of how much salt is in the ingrediens

its from a brand called "thai gourmet"
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.