[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question about alcohol ettiquete, what occasions are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 10370315.jpg (24 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
10370315.jpg
24 KB, 400x600
I have a question about alcohol ettiquete, what occasions are not appropriate for having consumed it?

For example, is it ok to go to the dentist or doctor after you've consumed your alcohol?
>>
>2016
>not driving to the dentist drunk

Amateur
>>
>>7357798
I have to see the dentist tomorrow or the dentistro as i call them

I'm curious because i will be consuming my alcohol and i don't want to leave an awful impression
>>
>>7357814

they'll need to double up on your anesthetics if you have to get any work done.

i drank a ton the night before going to the dentist last year and the novacain wore off halfway through the procedure and they had to stick me a second time.
>>
>>7358305
I just have to get cavities filled I'm pretty sure, probably a cleaning
>>
>>7357790
just drink more until you can't feel all your teeth rotting out of your face

problem solved, no need to go to the dentist.
>>
>>7357790

Well, etiquette is to not drink alone and then meet up either drunk or smelling of booze. If you go to a doctor/dentist smelling of booze, they may not even see you as it could be irresponsible.
>>
>wanting the dentist to smell your decaying teeth instead of the burn of a good rum
>>
>>7358370
I probably wouldn't be like hammered, I'm drunk every single day so I handle my booze good but also would take a shower and brush my teeth first obviously
>>
>>7358400
People like you always reek of booze. It's in your breath and your sweat and nothing can hide it.
>>
>>7358414
Not true. Stick with vodka and take a shower, also brush your teeth and maybe even drink a beer so if anyone questions you about it you can say you had a beer with lunch, that's pretty normal if you live in a beer snob hipster town like me. Also wear clean clothes.
>>
i'm pretty sure it's "inappropriate" to be drunk during the day by yourself but you're drunk so who cares? the guy saying you can't hide it is a buzzkill if you shower, brush your teeth, mouthwash and chew some gum, maybe even eat, you will be fine. if you feel guilty about your alcohol consumption to the point where you need permission from a taiwanese scrapbooking club that's a whole other issue. But what do i know? I've been drunk since new years.
>>
>>7358459
I'm just not entirely sure about how one should go to a dentist

I go most everywhere drunk on beer, but I am new again to this dentist thing since I didnt have insurance after I turned 18
>>
>>7358458
>jumping through a bunch of hoops to show people you're not an alcoholic

it's time to get help
>>
>>7358528
I'm way passed that, if someone asks if I've been drinking I say, "Mind your god dam buisness."
>>
>>7358305
>>7357798
The last time I went to the dentist was after a heavy 3 day bender. I was getting withdrawal shakes and couldnt even keep my mouth open wide without my jaw quivering. I had to cancel
>>
File: 1439524463260.png (170 KB, 206x358) Image search: [Google]
1439524463260.png
170 KB, 206x358
>there are people on the internet NEAR ME that don't come in drunk and put their dentist on hold halfway through to go to the bathroom to hit the flask five or six times

Literal fucking casual scum
>>
I got 3 wisdom teeth pulled the day after a bender, that is not a day I want to go back and live again.
>>
I once had a doctors appointment in the city near where I was studying at the time, I had 2 hours to kill before my appointment so I got a burger and a pint at a sports bar, I ended up spilling half the beer on myself.

Later at the doctors office I tripped over a step I was entering, I was wearing work boots and my feet where heavy from a long days work...the doctor kept giving me codsending looks...months later I realised he could probably smell the beer and thought I was wasted.
>>
>is it ok to go to the dentist or doctor after you've consumed your alcohol?

uh, depends what you mean by OK. is it safe? yes, the dentist is doing all the work with the sharp tools and shit anyway, not you. it will boost your pain resistance. but frankly, drinking to prepare for everyday situations is a gateway (yes using that term) into alcoholism. just drink when you go out to bars and shit and see your dentist sober ya pussy.
>>
Doctor is probably a bad idea, since your health issues are most likely alcohol related.

I was informed last minute one time that a dental hygienist, who wasn't even going to work on me, was pregnant, so they weren't allowed to even have laughing gas in the building.

I immediately too a couple Xanax and downed a couple mugs of whisky. They knew beforehand to expect nothing other than spit, copious amounts of blood, and complaining.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.