[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy shit guys i didn't know cooking with eggs was so hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 099.gif (892 KB, 246x214) Image search: [Google]
099.gif
892 KB, 246x214
holy shit guys i didn't know cooking with eggs was so hard beyond scrambled eggs
i just tried making eggs in a basket and that shit burned
whats the secret to making eggs like that?
if i want to move it's either get them burned or fuck the whole thing up
>>
>>7357431
Stop using temp settings above five, especially with cast iron. Those are for when you need to boil or sear stuff, not properly cook. Also make sure the pan was oiled or buttered, can't burn something that's wet.
>>
>>7357437
alright
if i wanted to flip something thats solid in the bottom how would i do it?
>>
>>7357444
With a spatula? I don't get what you're asking.
>>
>>7357448
so my problem is just applying more oil instead of just a few drops?
>>
Ample butter applied and coating the pan before eggs go in, tilting the pan towards your spatuka when flipping eggs so you don't just plop them down and break tell yolk, cooking on medium heat, and I've even gone aa far as rubbing a smidge of butter on the end of my spatula to prevent them from sticking.
I also like to salt and pepper the bottom of the pan before I Crack eggs inside so both sides of my eggs are seasoned
>>
>>7357453
>a few drops
Oh you sweet child. There should be enough in the pan to coat the cooking surface in an even film of oil. If shit is sticking to your pan you either don't have enough oil or the pan is too hot and you're burning stuff to the pan.
>>
>>7357437
>Those are for when you need to boil or sear stuff, not properly cook
You're so full of shit. Cast iron is for everything non-acidic, excluding eggs.
>>
>>7357471
>reading comprehension
I meant stove settings above 5 or so, not cast iron.
>>
>>7357472
And I mentioned cast iron because if you use one on 9 for a minute or two it's going to take forever to cool down unlike a modern pan.
>>
>>7357471
Anon please calm down, he was saying to not use anything above five to cook, and only mentioned cast iron. If you pretend that he didn't say cast iron then it still gets the point across.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.