[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paczki thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: Paczki-Paczkis.jpg (543 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Paczki-Paczkis.jpg
543 KB, 1632x1224
So fat tuesday is nearly upon us, where my midwest-though-mostly-michigan bros at? I already grabbed a 12 pack of these bad boys for me and my officemates for tomorrow.
>>
get this pollack shit outta here!
>>
>>7357427
I'm not catholic or polish but those look delicious

Man, fucking Pilgrim killjoys. Protestants over here don't have ANY good holidays because of their shit.
>>
File: kingcake.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
kingcake.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
Goddamn, the fact that New Orleans, one of the poorest parts of the US makes this, and you sad midwestern sacks of lard think jelly donuts are special, says volumes about just how pathetically shitty your region is.
>>
>>7357427
it's quality dairy time
>>
>>7357427
I'm having mine delivered via Uber tomorrow morning
>>
>>7357972
This is partly true. I grew up uptown in New Orleans. The only reason it can be remotely classified as "poor" is one half of the city is sub $200,000 homes. The other half of the city is $600,000 or higher. Hell the house I grew up in as a kid is $1.4m. 120 years old, 3 stories, pool, pool house, below ground basement, drive way.
>>
File: image.png (120 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120 KB, 750x1334
>>7358240
This might give you some insight. It's also important that you understand that new homes haven't been built in the heart of New Orleans in decades. Most homes are 50-200 years old. This isn't an area full of developments and new gated communities. Refer to this chart concerning average home prices in actual New Orleans vs. what people conceive of New Orleans (metro area)
>>
>>7357427
damn, gotta pick up some paczki tomorrow (and later on this week when it gets cleared out at 75% off kek)
>>
File: krapfen-rezepte_2307.jpg (94 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
krapfen-rezepte_2307.jpg
94 KB, 900x600
They are called Krapfen you dummy.
>>
>>7357427
>>7358268
Aren't these just doughnuts?
>>
>>7357427
My mum bought me a pack of 9
They're pretty tasty
>>
>>7358240
Well yeah dude, Uptown.
>>
>>7358240
Wait

Basement?
>>
>>7357427
>americanized version of krapfen
Jesus christ that's disgusting. Can you just not stick to a simple recipe? Do you always have to try to make it more unhealthy on purpose?
>>
>>7359497
>krapfen
These are not your shit Krapfen, you Krazy Kraut. These are glorious Paczki, and they are delicious as fuck.
>>
>>7357427
wew lad
>>
>>7357427
>the first word of the post is "so"
illiterate fag kill yourself
>>
>>7360775
so we know you're a fag
>>
>>7359514
No, he's right you fag. And it's pączki you pollack wannabe.
>>
Drinking a Tyskie and eating a prune paczek. Smaczne!
>>
What the fuck was Fat Thursday not last week?
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 249x249
>>7361001
In the Americas we celebrate the day before Ash Wednesday.
>>
>>7357427
I live in Downriver Detroit. I walked up to the corner store to grab a sixer and a couple 40s. Half their counter space by the register was taken by fresh baked paczki. They had strawberry, blueberry and cream filled. I damn near bought one but I figured the beer was already pushing my caloric limit. I am skert of getting fat.
>>
>>7360993
Your anus is not prepared anon
>>
>>7361053
Trust me it has been well trained by encased meats and fermented vegetables.
>>
>>7361051
Oh please. You live downriver. Probably Monroe or Taylor-tuckey. Why even pretend to be healthy. Like you don't eat a plate of coneys after every shift at the Rouge plant.
>>
>>7361090
You nailed it - Taylor-tuckey here.
>>
>>7361152
Takes one to know one, Michigander. Cheers.
>>
I would eat the whipped cream filled one
>>
>>7357972
that shit isn't anywhere near as good as donuts
>>
Why do people make such a big deal about these when they aren't even as good as the normal jelly/cream filled donuts available literally every other day of the year?
I mean they definitely taste good enough, but its nothing special
>>
Paczki (pronounced Punch-key) is really amazing stuff. I love the custard filled ones.
>>
>>7361382
>aren't even as good as normal jelly filled donuts

Get real.
>>
>>7361400
If they were better than normal donuts they wouldn't just be sold one day a year
>>
>>7361407
They ARE available all year just not at your Kroger.
>>
>>7361427
Well yeah, pretty much everything is available somewhere in america at any given time, you know what I mean.
Normal donuts have a better batter which results in a tastier donut with a better texture. These are good too, but obviously not as good, if they were better they would be just as widely available as the many donut styles available at just about every bakery and grocery store
>>
I had these today:
Raspberry
Rum custard
Bacon custard
The bacon one was surprisingly good, mostly sweet custard and just a bit of bacon flavor.
>>
>>7361450
>1200 calories in paczi
>2/3 days worth of nutrition

what's it like being morbidly obese?
>>
>>7361442
Pleb taste confirmed.
>>
Beignets are better than all your silly meme doughnuts
>>
>>7361450
>bacon custard
Keep your hipster bullshit out of my paczki.
>>
I'm in Cinci and the bakery I work at is making these for fat Tuesday. I don't think they're anything special. They're filled donuts.
And not worth the $1.25 each that we sell them for.

How is "paczki" supposed to be pronounced? This old lady working here insists that it's pronounced "punch-key"
I've also heard "pach-key" (short a sound)
>>
>>7361451
Suppose I had a slice of each one; I bought four and shared with my coworkers, but they ate all of the chocolate one before I got to it. :'(
>>
>>7361491
>a slice of each one
a slice of a jelly filled donut? That sounds messy
>>
>>7361484
We say Poonch-kee
>>
>>7361493
Ja, but it's common practice in the breakroom to slice when someone brings a box of donuts, but you don't want to be 'that guy' who eats all of the one good one that everyone likes.
>>
>>7361484
The second letter is supposed to be ą which is pronounced something similar to "on". So the closest would be ponch-kee.
>>
>>7357972
>2016
>being this culturally retarded
shiggu
>>
>>7361496
Without the N. Poough (hard stop) chkee. It sounds like you might be saying it with an N and it will fool most people but it's a flared nares exhale with a sudden stop, then shkee.

Difficult to explain.
>>
>>7357427
>custard
>whipped cream

The classic and correct filling for pączki is ROSEHIP JAM you horrible people.

t. Poland
>>
>>7357972
we had a bunch of this stuff in the pastry kitchen at the hotel today. chef said they were catering a 400-600 person event off-site.
>>
I want a fucking pastry now.
>>
File: semla6.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
semla6.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1333
in sweden we eat "semla" on fettisdagen, a bun filled with almond paste and whipped cream

can be served on a plate with some hot milk but i prefer without
>>
>>7361740
People like you are almost as bad as Neapolitan pizza fags.
>>
>>7361394
The ą is more like the french e in Genvieve
>>
>>7361740
Patritian tier - rosehip
Normie tier - all other jams
Kiddo tier - cream/custard
>>
>>7362247
>Kiddo tier - cream/custard
>>7362247
Grow up kiddo yourself. I like cream/custard pączkis since they're significantly less sweat than jam ones.
>>
>>7361813
Not for long you don't.
>allahu akbar
>>
>not eating plain unfilled paczki.
>>
>>7362641
>abused as a child
>>
>>7361467
>meme donuts
>not beignets
>>
>>7362247
What bakeries even have rosehip? I've bough paczki from dozens of bakeries throughout the Rust Belt and never seen rosehip. I do want to try it tho.
>>
Now that Paczki day is over, what Easter treats can you not wait 40 days for? I'm voting kolaczki
>>
>>7362649
yea my mother inflicted tons of psychological abuse that its taken me the better part of a decade to get over. and I was raised Catholic.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.