[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't find a coffee press with a decent filter, french
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: french-press.jpg (13 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
french-press.jpg
13 KB, 380x380
I can't find a coffee press with a decent filter, french or otherwise

all end up giving me muddy coffee

the only thing that seems to work is paper filters but the aeropress is too fiddly

the metal press/filter doesn't seem to work at all. why do people use them

the only things that work is paper filters, rubber round the edge to form a tight seal or the weird fabric filter thing thats in coffee machines

anyone got a portable one that fricken works
>>
Grind your coffee more coarse.
>>
>>7357249
how about there just being one with smaller holes

i don't carry a grinder round with me. and that would be totally obnoxious

other filters work fine so why can't there be one
>>
>>7357245
I have the metal filter for the aeropress and it's neither fiddly nor muddy.
It's pretty much the best cup of coffee outside of fancy espresso machine coffee at a cafe (if the barista isn't a fuck up idiot that can't pull a good shot).
Also so easy to clean aeropress, fucking hate how tedious the French press is.
>>
>>7357258
You carry a french press around but can't carry a small hand grinder?
>>
>>7357245
Carry around some paper filters and pour through one?
>>
>>7357258
use a paper filter or let it settle out, no practical screen is fine enough.

Also >>7357249
>>
Skim the crust of grounds off the top of the french press before you plunge.
>>
why is it so hard to find coarse ground beans

the fine grind is in every bag and it says on the bag suitable for french press when it's clearly not
>>
File: Cleaning-coffee-maker.jpg (64 KB, 460x340) Image search: [Google]
Cleaning-coffee-maker.jpg
64 KB, 460x340
>>7357283
paper works fine the only issue is it runs out

also I don't know why we don't have a permanent filter like this on a press. would be ideal
>>
>>7357258
How about you follow the instructions on the french press box and grind you beans more coarsely instead of complaining about it on a peruvian cave painting bulletin board
>>
>>7359655
Probably because most people who are buying pre-ground are brewing with a drip machine or perhaps moka pot. You should be grinding fresh anyway.

Are you talking about Lavazza pre-ground btw? I find it hilarious how it says "also suitable for french press" on the bag when it's a fucking espresso grind most of the time. You can kinda use a fine grind in a french press if you adjust your steeping time down from the usual 4 minutes. You might want to skim off the grounds that float on top before you plunge to reduce the amount of silt in the cup.
>>
>>7359668
Just go full pleb like me, I take a funnel and coffee filter with some Lavazza gold and just do a single cup pour over.
>>
>>7357245
>aeropress is too fiddly
hardly anymore so than a regular french press and its a lot more forgiving

you can try this https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/bodum-replacement-poly-stainless-filterscreen

why does it have to be a press? if you want s/t with the taste of a french press and the taste of a regular filter go for a clever dripper
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.