[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts? good dose of perfectionism, or just plain autism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: logo-color-240x190.png (5 KB, 240x194) Image search: [Google]
logo-color-240x190.png
5 KB, 240x194
thoughts?

good dose of perfectionism, or just plain autism?
>>
you posted this thread last week

no one cares
>>
They're cool sometimes but Kenji's chili recipe was the spergiest shit I've ever seen and a lot of his advice amounts to

1. Brown things before adding them to the rest of the dish
2. Give it a squirt of fish sauce

His mcdonalds french fry recreation was dumb too. Why the FUCK would someone go through all that instead of just go to mcdonalds.
>>
>>7357222
Trips confirms.
>>
90% pure solid AUTISM
10 % meaningful information
>>
>>7357244
Yeah, at this point I just assume any Kenji recipe is going to require a teaspoon of fish sauce.
>>
>>7357214
Theres so many garbage recipe sites like foods.com that when its something I've never cooked before I only trust food wishes, serious eats, cooking with dog, america's test kitchen, and good eats. If the recipe I follow from there is ok then I look at other sites and incorporate their ideas into what I'm cooking
>>
the recipes, explanations, and advice on seriouseats are top-tier, but

1. there are way too many sappy stories about how somebody misses his mom's secret recipe for latkes or whatever and

b. Kenji needs to get a new trick beyond 'maximize the maillard reaction!' because while yes that does make tasty food it's getting a little boring reading the same article from him every time
>>
>>7357244
>Why the FUCK would someone go through all that instead of just go to mcdonalds.

because that's the point of the site? retard
>>
My favorite cookbook is this: http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Book-Pasta-Noodles/dp/060980930X

Serious Eats is pretty much the food website equivalent of that cookbook for all food.

Seriously, buy that cookbook.
>>
>>7357222
this

OP is the autism
>>
>>7357214
I really enjoy reading the articles. Good shit.

Some of the stuff seems superfluous, but thats part of what makes it fun. I doubt I'd go through the effort for some of the recipes but as far as looking for basic building blocks go I'd definitely consult anything I can find there first.

Call me a shill if you want, but I'm a huge fan of it, not just Kenji but Daniel and the others as well. I wish I had their job.
>>
psuedo-psuedoscience
>>
>>7357244

>Kenji's chili recipe was the spergiest shit I've ever seen

never seen heston's i see
>>
>>7357214
I think you need to stop hiring your marketing companies from 3rd world countries.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.