[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats up /ck/ i got some mashed potatoes can any one of you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg (115 KB, 505x340) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
115 KB, 505x340
Whats up /ck/ i got some mashed potatoes can any one of you guys recommend me any fun food for a little girl of 7 something nice for kids that i can do with this.
>>
>>7356538
MODS
>>
>>7356540
what why?
>>
who is this semen demon
>>
Well no one helps ;-;.
>>
>>7356538

croquettes

baked mashed with cheese on top
>use cookie cutters for fun shapes

mashed potato volcanoes with gravy lava

peas and mashed christmas tree
>potatoe tree peas are ornaments
that's... that's about it.

you should really have more to give a kid for a meal than just mashed potatoes imo
>>
>>7356562
Are you the little girl OP? I have so many questions...
>>
File: closeencounter.jpg (17 KB, 447x266) Image search: [Google]
closeencounter.jpg
17 KB, 447x266
Make a mashed potato mock-up of the Devil's Tower and then go meet and leave with the aliens.
>>
>>7356595
what no i'm taking care of my 2 little cousins for the whole week and no i'm not a pedo.
>>
>>7356591
Oh yeah i think i'm going to make a steak in a heart shape or something like that i really want to be known as the rad uncle that cooks nice.
>>
>>7356630

now you have steak too? Ok look if you have food, the most fun you can have with a kid is letting them help cook. keep to simple healthy stuff they can put together while you do the knife and fire stuff.

off the top of my head:

chicken soup(used cubed cooked chicken and broth, mixed veg and noodles

green salads

fruit salads/fruit cups
burgers/steaks/hotdogs

lasagna

spaghetti and meatballs/alfredo

pizza/calzones

cookies

icebox pie

pudding

etc etc
shit like that. mostly they just put it together but they love it as long as you make it easy for them.

>also dino chicken nuggets
>>
>>7356820
Yeah it's in 2 days so i can start to buy everything so basically anything not to expensive and thanks for the recomendations
>>
>>7356628
I never implied you were I just wanted to do cute anime things with you.
>>
>>7356628
>i'm taking care of my 2 little cousins for the whole week

Nice.
>>
>>7356538
Potato Cakes
>>
>>7356888
Yeah my sister is going to Marne,France on vacations so i offered to take care of them i only have a dog so i would love some company
>>7356885
Sorry i implied remember we are on 4chan one board is full of pedos (/b/)
>>
Kids like sweet things, and with some exceptions, fruity stuff, so, um... meatball, peach and pineapple kabobs. Finnish macaroni casserole with ketchup and watermelon salad. Roast chicken and honey-glazed root vegetables. Pork and apple sauce. Mincemeat hand pies with sweet peas and pickles. English potato-crusted fish pie.

And scones. Have tea-time with fresh-baked scones, jam and whipped cream. And crepes with more of the same. And baked glazed apples with icecream, and peanut butter cakes, and chocolate mocha squares, and...
>>
File: 20160107_225503.jpg (110 KB, 1040x585) Image search: [Google]
20160107_225503.jpg
110 KB, 1040x585
>>7356913
>English potato-crusted fish pie
YES MAKE THIS OP

I made some a few days ago and it is dank as fuck.
>>
File: 1443559150881.png (1 MB, 559x828) Image search: [Google]
1443559150881.png
1 MB, 559x828
>>7356538
go ask /tv/, they're better with kids than /ck/ is.
>>
>>7356880
Another that's easy to make awesome is breakfast, I still remember going to a friends house for a sleepover and her smoking hot mom made us chocolate chip and banana Mickey Mouse pancakes and potato pancakes and shit was cash
>>
bump
>not op
>want kid recipes
>>
>>7356542
Children are b&.
>>
I remember my grammie making me peanut butter toast and drawing in the peanut butter. I loved it.

Become a sculpter or something.
>>
>>7356544
Literally fucking murder yourself you disgusting fuck.
>>
>>7356901
don't forget /tv/!
If you make this thread on /tv/, I'm sure you will get actual answers, too.
>>
>>7356538
Fry the mash in a pan with butter and flip to repeat. Place on plate and make a smiley face using vegetables and meat.
>>
>>7356901

/tv/ is the pedo board, /b/ pedo posts have been in steady decline the last 8 years.
>>
who is this prepubescent princess?
>>
>>7356880
Put pieces of hot dog, marshmallow, and cubes of cheddar on skewers, then let them roast them. If they're too young for fire, just pre cook the dogs. Make Bologna into clover shapes. Cook alphabet pasta and spell things.
>>
>>7356820
I agree with this. I've got a 6 and a 9 year old daughter and they love when they get to help out with food. It doesn't even matter what it is. Some weekends their 7 and 12 year old friends are here too (my buddies daughters) and they always want to cook also. Even something as simple as making popcorn on the stove and getting to flavor it is a thrill to them. Sometimes it gets messier than normal and some times it doesn't. I've learned my youngest can not pour milk from an entire gallon yet without dumping it all over and my oldest can't do anything really without getting it all over herself so they both have aprons now and love them.
>>
File: clown-college-o.gif (3 MB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
clown-college-o.gif
3 MB, 288x216
>>
Lemony chicken and potatoes
Not giung to place units because i am going to assume you are developed enough to judge this yourself.
>Zest a lemon and massage lemon zest and ground black pepper into chicken breast.
>chop onion and stirfry it
>cut the chicken in mouthfuls and fry it untill it gets a crisp surface
>add the onion
>Add chicken stock, sliced garlic, Lemonjuice and honey.
>reduce

Potatoes
>use firm freshpotatoes, Fakse or asterix are nice
>peel on
>Mash with butter and a bit of milk
>add thyme

There, super easy and the little shitheads wil love it.

Or you know, just make it brom blue congo and tell them it is space potatoes if that is too much of an effort
>>
macaroni and cheese is always popular with the little tots, tater tots, chicken breast, spaghetti with marinara, tendies, etc. Just think about what you enjoyed as a kid, ask their mom what they like and then plan ahead well balanced meals (protein, carb, vegetable).

If you want the kids to eat broccoli, but they don't like broccoli, either tell them it's something different or jazz it up with some ranch or cheese.

If they are old/mature enough to use a knife they can help with prep work, just make sure you have bandaids and they know proper safety (ex cut away from your self, don't stab yur sister). Mixing, stiring, adding things to a pan, washing fruits and vegetables, etc.

You'll be the cool uncle if you give them some freedom, responsibility and you teach them something, and if you feed them tasty food. Also don't diddle the kids.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.