[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so I'm getting ready to cook up pic related with some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12
File: hrn.png (1 MB, 1037x775) Image search: [Google]
hrn.png
1 MB, 1037x775
Ok so I'm getting ready to cook up pic related with some mushrooms / onions / beef / spinach / green onion.

This is rated anywhere from 100,000 to 350,000 SHU, over 100x hotter than the korean challenge noodles you see on youtube which are around 14,000 SHU.

wish me luck.
>>
>i'm going to make instant ramen

g-good luck, OP?
>>
>>7355991
sorry my math was off I'm a bit wasted. it's like 10 to 30 times hotter than it, not 100.
>>7355998
baka
>>
what is SHU?
>>
I had some a couple weeks ago and they honestly weren't nearly as hot as I was expecting. still pretty hot, but almost at the level where you could eat them normally and not just on a dare.

does anyone know if the flakes of stuff in it was meat or some kind of mushroom? my korean isn't good enough to read the ingredients.
>>
>>7356012
Scoville heat units
>>
>>7356012
shithead's holier-than-thou units
>>
>>7356016
It's usually mushrooms and green onions in the packets I think; I'll let you know what I think after I see it.
>>
>>7356024
Just opened the packet, looks to me like:

beef
mushroom
green onion
carrot
peppers
>>
>>7356030
my impression of it was beef and I know shin ramyun black used to have actual dried beef in it, but I wasn't sure if it was real meat in this one or fake soy shit.
>>
putting pics together now, while it cools down a bit.
>>
File: 1h.png (2 MB, 998x677) Image search: [Google]
1h.png
2 MB, 998x677
Spice and veg/(meat?) packets in.
>>
File: 2h.png (2 MB, 958x695) Image search: [Google]
2h.png
2 MB, 958x695
Beef, green onion, mushrooms in w/ the noodles.
>>
File: 3h.png (2 MB, 1037x775) Image search: [Google]
3h.png
2 MB, 1037x775
wala, lets eat, and drink.
>>
ok so, i'm not sure what's going on here.

Maybe I have gotten really used to eating spicy food recently at this level or I'm getting defective bags of spice.

I first did the korean challenge noodles ( the one where you drain the water and apply the sauce ). wasn't really all that hot, it mainly just made me have a less than optimal poop in the morning.

I've been eating small amounts of habanero peppers in the food i cook recently as I'm trying to build up a tolerance cause I enjoy it, whatever.

This wasn't spicy until I accidently inhaled some of it, now i'm coughing; I still have a bunch left to eat, I'm going to down this now and see what happens.
>>
>>7356065
I just did a ball sack test, you stick your finger in it and then spread it on your nut sack; so if this is hot on my nuts in about an hour;; well basically fuck i'm retarded It's starting to get hot now just took a little while; it's like that other guy said though; not that bad, I'm enjoying it.

the last time I cut habanero's up though I touched my nuts in the morning and that is a sensation you may or may not want to experience. so give it a try. I think I half enjoyed it.
>>
Ok like my actual review of this is, it's really good. better than shin, better than the korean challenge noodles, this is a really good ramyun.I am going to buy some of the sea food habanero next.

THIS STUFF IS GOOD LADS.

ok the heat is working its way into my left testical after I stuck my finger in the soup and touched it; this is neat.
>>
>>7356059

>eating ramen out of a casserole dish and starting a thread about it as though it's your greatest culinary achievement

When anons in the future ask what was meant by "flyover", this will always be there, in one archive or another.
>>
did I miss the memo

when did spicy instant ramen become the new meme
>>
>>7356075
>casserole dish
>greatest achievement

anon you are missing the point and that is not a 'casserole dish'

go home 12 yr old.
>>
>>7355991
I think I am gonna order a pack. I was wondering how it tasted.

I put Japanese mayo on this things. Is that cheating?
>>
>>7356086

>haven't been a 12 year old since 1997
>haven't had a home to go back to since 2003

Also, nobody cares about your dumb keyboard. You might as well have taken a picture with your tits out.
>>
File: IMG_20150901_074445.jpg (3 MB, 3072x3072) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150901_074445.jpg
3 MB, 3072x3072
불닭볶음면 isnt even that spicy. Its one of my favourite things to eat. I dont know why people think its a spicy challenge. It burns your lips a bit, but nothing overwhelming. This one might be a bit spicier, but whats the point?

Pic related was too spicy to enjoy. It just overpowers other flavors and numbs your mouth to them.
>>
File: archie.jpg (10 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
archie.jpg
10 KB, 300x225
>>7356075
I swear, by the way you talk you're like a tripfag without the 'trip' part. Everybody knows of you because of the weird way you repeat words. With that flyoverflyoverfloyover thing you're a one man meme. You also seem to spend a scary amount of time here.
>>
>>7356093
is there an english name for it?
>>
>>7356095

>you also seem to spend a scary amount of time here

Takes one to know one.
>>
>>7356123
I'm willing to bet you're the same autist that threw a fit in the macaroni and cheese thread from a while back.
>>
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>7356095
Flyover would never have become a favorite meme if not for all the buttmad defensive flyovers who actually think flyover land can be defended

When Comrade Sanders becomes CINC the carpet bombing will start

We will not stop until every flyover has been liberated from its miserable life

We can then replant the endless tracts of identical housing interrupted by Cheesecake Factory, McDonalds, and Old Navy, with nicer things such as solar panels, organic kale, and perhaps some independently-owned vinyl stores. Staffed by robots of course, because no human would want to live there.
>>
>>7356093
Korean non spicy ramen < Japanese ramen
>>
>>7356184
His repeating words and all that? If the shoe fits and all. The word 'autistic' gets thrown around so much it almost has no meaning but dude seems pretty hardcore.

I just picture Dustin Hoffman aimlessly shuffling around a grocery store muttering

>"FlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyoverFlyover..."
>>
>>7355991
The Scoville scale is for comparing peppers, not instant soups. A soup doesn't inherit the SHUs of its ingredients.
>>
>>7356091
Why would you want to see a man's tits?
>>
>>7356194
There is a SHU scale on the back of the package rating it.
>>
>>7355991
You need to add kimchi. Lots of kimchi.
>>
>>7356023
This is accurate.
>>
>This is rated anywhere from 100,000 to 350,000 SHU

That's not even challenge tier...you need to be over 500k for that level of heat.
>>
File: pkg.png (1 MB, 775x1037) Image search: [Google]
pkg.png
1 MB, 775x1037
here is the back of the packages.

Top is the korean challenge noodles.
Bottom is the habanero.
>>
>>7356214
>There is a SHU scale on the back of the package rating it.
Rating the soup. Uh huh. 3 likeliest possibilities:
1) You can't understand what is written
2) It's knowingly misleading marketing nonsense
3) The product is made by retards
>>
>>7356086
Hot soup in glass is a recipe for disaster you fucking shithead.

Now everyone stop being so angry.
>>
>>7356226
100-350k is pretty much exactly what habanero peppers themselves are rated at. That 4-10k is probably the actual prepared ramen.
>>
>knowing scoville units
>>
>>7356118
teumsae ramyun. that poster is right it's liquid fire.
>>
>>7356385
>knowing things makes you a fedora
>>
>>7356743
>that's a trilby, anon.
>>
File: 1450096525832.jpg (580 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450096525832.jpg
580 KB, 1920x1200
>>7356095
>>7356193
It never occurred to me before now, but you have to be right. It is just one sad, autistic smekhead parroting the flyover thing in every thread.
Goddamn, that may be the most depressing thing I've ever heard. Just a single, lonely autist, going into every thread and posting about flyover, as though it was his divinely ordained mission in life to tell people that they're inherently bad for the place they live.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>7356745
>knowing one hat from another
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.