[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can i make pulled pork out of lean, boneless pork chops? i don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: OhSoLean_Pork_Chops.jpg (54 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
OhSoLean_Pork_Chops.jpg
54 KB, 520x520
can i make pulled pork out of lean, boneless pork chops?

i don't have a slow cooker but i have a pot & a lid

from what i read online it is quite dry (lean) so it's not so good with pulled pork, but i could just add coconut oil & bbq sauce to make it taste good. i kind of just want to use this pork for tacos and i hate how chewy it is when i cook it regularly on the frying pan

and if i did slow cook it how long would it take? and how hot should it be, boiling??
>>
Make pork chops out of pork chops, these cuts will never make pulled pork like fatty cuts do.

Coconut oil and bbq sauce would be horrible replacements. It wouldn't gelatinize at all like natural pork fat, and wouldn't taste even close to the same. Plus, the texture would be all off. It'd definitely be tough like you'd hate.

Do you want some pork chop recipes?
>>
>>7355227
Pork loin is awful for making pulled pork.

Just sear the chops and eat them like a normal person and get a shoulder roast for pulled pork.
>>
>>7355238
i have gelatin powder too, will that help?
i don't normally buy pork because pork fat is cancerously high in polyunsaturated fats, i only eat coconut oil & beef/dairy fat

>>7355242
>Just sear the chops and eat them like a normal person

tastes like shit desu
>>
I can't think of any way this would work. Just buy cheap pork shoulder next time.

If you brine them and do not over cook them they shouldn't be very chewy. If they're thick cut, pan sear and then finish in the oven. thin ones can be cooked on the stove top.
>>
>>7355246
>tastes like shit
Trying to make pulled pork out of them will still taste like shit
>>
>>7355246
Humorously enough that's actually not a problem depending on what you are, in terms of the polyunsaturated
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11470718

But nah, you need the fat and fibers to break down on their own, the pork chops won't soak in the gelatin powder.

You need to let this one go. It won't work unless you go with a pork shoulder or something. When it comes to this kind of cooking, it's all about what the ingredients physically are, naturally. It's hard to fool and work around it.
>>
File: blogger-image-809225599.jpg (129 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-809225599.jpg
129 KB, 640x480
>>7355253
i don't understand how, if i can actually get it pulled into this texture the flavorings i add will be fine. i don't have a very refined/picky palate my favorite roast beef in the world is arby's

what about this
http://southwinstonlane.blogspot.com/2012/03/easy-bbq-pork.html?m=1
>>
>>7355257
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11470718
>lowers LDL cholesterol

this doesn't mean anything. PUFAs are intrinically toxic and prone to peroxidation.
>>
>>7355249
This is exactly what I do with pork chops. I usually get thick center cut chops, brine them overnight, dry them off, season both sides with salt and pepper and whatever other herbs/spices I feel like using and some olive oil and then sear them in a cast iron pan then stick the pan in the oven and finish.

They come out moist, tender and delicious.
>>
>>7355260
>>7355260
basically what i'm asking is if there is any way at all that i could get those cuts in the OP to shred like this pic? without using a blender or something. i want just want shredded lean pork loin chops
>>
>>7355279
Nah. That's a result of a tough, fatty, chewy cut slowly cooked down. All the fibers and shit inside melt down. Pork chops have a different physical muscle structure, they're much more lean. Despite the fact that they come from the same animal, they produce different dishes. If you grew pumpkins and jalapenos in the same garden, you wouldn't be asking how to use one as the other would you?

If you want shredded lean pork chops, go ahead and do it. Cook them and shred them. It will be tough, dry, and not even close to as tasty. It won't even look the same. We're warning you now.
>>
>>7355279
Stick them in a crock pot with some sauce/liquid and slow cook them for a few hours and they'll fall apart pretty easily. Shredded lean pork just isn't anywhere near as moist and flavorful as a a slow cooked pork shoulder.
>>
>>7355296
>Cook them and shred them. It will be tough, dry, and not even close to as tasty.

so they can actually be shredded though? i'm not worrying so much about them not tasting all that great or being dry, i can put oil/sauce on them.

i just want to see if they can even become shredded/pulled like this: >>7355260
>>
>>7355324
Yes, they can be shredded in the sense that it's a physically weak object that can be pulled apart.

No, it won't look the same. That fine texture is a result of heavy moisture within the pork shoulder.

Stop trying to ruin your dinner. Figure out how to make tasty pork chops. I'm not posting anymore.
>>
>>7355227
god damn nigger, pork shoulder is like 89cents/lb just go buy one instead of thinking up retarded shit like that
>>
>>7355343
>>7355335
well i sliced up 2 slices in 1" square pieces and now they're set to low boil for a few hours in a mix of water + oil + bbq sauce + salt + seasoning

=)
>>
>>7355227
I've done this before. You can do it if you have a crockpot or slow cooker. But it won't taste that great.
>>
>>7355354
i'm doing it stove top, that would work if i just cover the pot and put it on low heat for a few hours???
>>
>>7355352
that sounds terrible, enjoy.
>>
>>7355357
desu, most people would say that about my favorite dishes. i guess i just have a weird woe
>>
>>7355246
>TASTES LIKE SHIT DESU

>>7355260
> if i can actually get it pulled into this texture the flavorings i add will be fine.

cant make chops taste good thinks his abomination will be fine.
>>
>breaking news: OP can't be bothered to take the advice of people who know what their talking about, fucks his shit up
>>
>>7355352
>water + oil + bbq sauce + salt + seasoning
Hahaha oh god, PLEASE post a picture of this abomination when you're done.
>>
File: vomit.png (732 KB, 1300x417) Image search: [Google]
vomit.png
732 KB, 1300x417
>>7355352
>>
File: m85pu6c.jpg (701 KB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
m85pu6c.jpg
701 KB, 4128x2322
>>7355478
it's actually really good senpai

i mean you probably wouldn't like it, nor would you like most things i eat. but i think it's pretty good, way healthier than the fatty cuts of pork also

>>7355495
>fucks his shit up
NOPE

>>7355533
pic related
after i finished i took it out and carved it up with 2 forks then i fried it in coconut oil + bbq sauce mixture
>>
>>7355549
Looks pretty shitty, should have just used jackfruit or something if you're afraid of fat. Not even vegetarian and I would try pulled jackfruit over pulled pork chops.
>>
>>7355227
OP, reading your stupid thread pissed me off. You asked if it would work and anons are telling you how it won't with detailed explanation and you still insist... Why even make a thread then, if you won't listen??
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.