[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
By scooping the innards of a bagel, you can save half the ca
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
By scooping the innards of a bagel, you can save half the calories from carbs.

Just ask your local bagel shoppe for your bagel to be scooped out.

http://nypost.com/2010/06/27/carb-counting-new-yorkers-demanding-inside-of-bagels-scooped-out/
>>
>>7354896
oh i get it. i'm so retarded i don't want carbs but still want to eat carbs
>>
Well, at least it's a step up from those morons who throw crust away. These bagel people obviously realise the crust is the best part.
>>
>2010
>>
>>7354896
Why not just eat half the bagel?
>>
>>7354906
http://nypost.com/2016/01/03/bagel-scoopers-are-ruining-nyc/
>>
Kill yourself senpai
>>
>new yorkers
>>
>>7354896
Faggotry like that is why we created the C.C.Z..
>>
>>7354896
It's not half the calories dumbass.

>>7354908
'But the number of calories saved is minimal, other experts counter. “You’re saving maximum 75 calories by scooping it out,” argues nutritionist Marissa Lippert. That’s about as the same calories as an apple.'
>>
>>7354896
>scoop out inside of bagel
>now you have more room for cream cheese
>>
File: what's_wrong_with_you.gif (726 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
what's_wrong_with_you.gif
726 KB, 446x251
>>7354925
That's foul. Kill yourself.
>>
>>7354932
That's why girls do it. This is why cheesecake is disgusting, it's just a solid stick of cream cheese.
>>
>>7354953
>he's never had cheesecake made without cream cheese
full blown pleb
I won't even dignify your next response of "what kind of cheesecake could possibly be made without cream cheese"
>>
>>7354925
there is an infinite amount of room on top of a bagel. you can pile it on.
>>
>>7354969
>Building a cream cheese Tower of Babel without establishing a firm foundation
>>
>>7354976
how about instead of implying, you go fucking try it out?
>>
>>7354896
jews should figure out hot to bake bagel skins
>>
>>7354969
why not just melt the cream cheese or make it a sauce with milk and/or butter and dip the bagel into it?
>>
File: FuckThisImGettingDrunk.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
FuckThisImGettingDrunk.gif
2 MB, 360x270
Why not just eat 1 half of a bagel..? What the fuck?

>go to fancy restaurant
>not feeling super hungry, order a pasta
>food arrives
>tell waiter im not that hungry and demand he scoop out the noodles from the middle of my plate
>log in to Tumblr while he mutters under his breath
>>
the only carb you'd get obese eating is pasta. It would be very hard to get fat on plain bagels alone. it is the sugar and butter and cream cheese we spread on bagels that makes us fat.
>>
File: Brendon. Listen to me.jpg (42 KB, 841x640) Image search: [Google]
Brendon. Listen to me.jpg
42 KB, 841x640
>>7354992
In this day and age of America, why arent little Bagel Puffs a thing?

Little Pizza-Pocket like bagels with cream cheese in the center
>>
why not just dollop the cream cheese in a bag of bagel chips and mush it all around before strapping it to your ears and feeding out of it?
>>
>>7354996
> only eating half a bagel

Do you even into /bigboybites/
>>
>>7354984
I have. You can't stack anywhere near as high if you don't scoop.
>>
>>7355008
>the only carb you'd get obese eating is pasta.
but that's wrong in multiple ways
>>
>>7355010
you mean like toaster strudel?
>>
>>7354907
Because New Yorkers are retarded scum and should be purged.
>>
File: 1454470882736.jpg (35 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1454470882736.jpg
35 KB, 444x444
>>7355032
Sort of, yeah. Instead of fruit filling it could be cream cheese.
>>
File: reee.jpg (39 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
39 KB, 333x499
It think it's totally fine to buy too much food, and immediately throw part of in the trash. If people are so concerned with that, why don't they just collect the bagel dregs in designated garbage bags and give them to homeless people. I think they'd eat them, unlike that Seinfeld with the muffin stumps.
>>
>>7354996
ugh Anon, it's like, totally, not cool to do that. Plus, you know, they don't sell half a bagel.
>>
>>7355035
They actually had those, I'm trying to remember the name. I think it was by Philadelphia, the cream cheese guys. It was a small tube-like bagel pocket with cream cheese in the middle that you optionally put in the microwave
>>
>bagel scoopers are lumped in with people who eat their pizza with a fork or wear flip-flops on the subway.

What's wrong with eating pizza with a fork
>>
Fucking NYC. This is why nobody likes people from the city.
>>
>>7355086
Nothing. Keeps your hands grease free.
>>
File: kraft bagelful.jpg (30 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
kraft bagelful.jpg
30 KB, 355x355
>>7355010
>>7355035
>>7355085
>>
>>7355099
>warm/hot cream cheese
absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>7355086
>What's wrong with eating pizza with a fork
What? You eat yours with your hands?
>>
is
"can you scoop out my bagel?"
the new
"Does this have gluten in it because I'm too stupid to know what someone with Celiac disease is allergic too, but I want to pretend I'm unique and health contentious with out having to do the work of educating myself"?
>>
>>7355143
No. It's the old that. Atkins came before gluten free.
>>
>Also more room for salmon or locks
>more protein for muscles and almost no calories
>>
I like to scoop my rolls/bagels but only because I like to use the scooped bread for sopping up whatever condiments or sauce may be left on the plate.

For example, I always scoop my rolls when I make pulled pork sandwiches. More pork in the buns and then nice puffs of bread to soak up any excess sauce afterwards.
>>
>>7355181
>locks

Literally just only eat one half of the bagel, why are new yorkers difficult cunts about everything.
>>
File: DSCF1427-large.jpg (41 KB, 420x314) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1427-large.jpg
41 KB, 420x314
>new york bagels

who gives a shit about their shitty bagels and what they do with them

montreal master race
>>
>>7355558
NYCandMTLbuttholes.jpg
>>
By ordering a ramekin of cream cheese with a little salt and some sesame seeds on top, you can save all the calories from carbs.
>>
>>7355558

Right is so obviously a factory made, grocery store plastic bag bagel it's not even funny.

Not defending NYC, it's just an obvious troll image.
>>
>>7355558
bullshit. NY is 20 miles away from MTL. not a big enough distance to have any regional difference.
>>
>>7355596

*NYC

Unless they bought a bagel and hopped on a plane, one of those would be stale and disgusting at that point.
>>
>>7355576
>he's never been to St-Viateur
>>
>>7355576
>>7355627

>obviously meant to say left, not right...
>>
>>7355099
I've had them, they're pretty gross desu senpai
>>
>>7355596
Montreal bagels are boiled in honey water.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.