[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
to much garlic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: minced-garlic.jpg (206 KB, 2800x1867) Image search: [Google]
minced-garlic.jpg
206 KB, 2800x1867
so i used to much garlic. while making my tomato sauce. what is a good way to tone that down
>>
>>7354292
use less lol
>>
not be a faggot, for one
>>
it is literally impossible to use too much garlic
>>
>>7354292

write garlic tomato sauce on the label
>>
If you use too much sauce on a pizza, what do you do? You make the pizza larger and spread the sauce out thinner. So if you use too much garlic in sauce, what do you do? You make more sauce and mix it together to spread the garlic out. I mean are you that stupid that you need to seriously ask this? You make more sauce to mix in or you eat it with all the garlic. The only other option is to add in one cup of vegetable oil to try taking the garlic flavor out but it may dry the sauce out too much. Then again it may not.
>>
garlic mellows out the longer it cooks, so cook your sauce longer and add water to it as it boils off
>>
>>7354306
This.

It's like you WANT the vampires to get you.
>>
>>7354359
Vampires only fear the silver sword, garlic, wooden stakes are nothing more than folk tales.
>>
You might as well chuck the whole thing since garlic is toxic and unhealthy anyway.

http://thepolyman.com/2011/12/why-i-dont-eat-toxic-garlic-or-onions/
>>
>>7354369
you are such a fag, seriously.
>>
>>7354369
[ citation needed ]
>>
>>7354321
Wait, do i also put more garlic? How would making more sauce help me?
>>
File: 1452836835110.png (201 KB, 256x406) Image search: [Google]
1452836835110.png
201 KB, 256x406
>>7354369
>My entire body was detoxing the garlic and onion through the sweat on my nose.

What the fuck am I reading.
>>
>>7354436
Yeah, at least 4 times as much garlic should do the trick
>>
>>7354369
nigga what garlic and onions are the most delicious thing imaginable
>>
>>7354292
>too much garlic
>>
>>7354292

Add some more tomatoes you stupid fuck... Fucking every day I come on this board and I'm still amazed at the retardatiom that goes one here...

>I put too much garlic in the sauce and my dad is dracula how do I fix the garlic?
>break the spaghetti in half to make it cook evenly cuz
>my gramma made a lot of supersotta but lost all her cookbooks in a grease fire, how do I make her SUPERsotta
>guys I substituted baking powder with tartar sauce
>how to flip a crepe?
>cut eggs in 4 pieces and season them with weird shit to become goat chef of zimbabwe and earn a Nigerian
>>
>>7354292
>too much garlic
>>
>>7354369
>http://thepolyman.com/2011/12/why-i-dont-eat-toxic-garlic-or-onions/

lmao, i love when people link food health from "literally who" blogs. Lets create another health myth with this like MSG.
>>
>>7354292
man the americans in this thread are so stupid

most people abuse garlic OP
the correct time to add garlic is near the end of cooking,
any browning of garlic makes the taste too powerful and astringent
when it is added after onion in a sauce the idea is to immediately add water based ingredients to steam the flesh.

always make sure to crush garlic for stuff like sauces and cut with the grain

for something like a 4 person pasta 1 or 2 cloves is normally plenty

for something like a lamb roast, dont crush them, cut them into twigs, spike the meat, and insert them. make sure theyre not too big.
>>
>>7354732
It sometimes depends because, 2 cloves of REAL FRESH garlic is like 3 spoonfuls of that water soaked crap you buy at the store in jugs.
>>
>>7354451
They really are, I didn't fully appreciate them until they were gone

>Developed GERD and chronic gastritis at 20
>Eating onions and garlic makes me violently ill
>Not even overweight
>>
>>7354742
I'm so sorry, things like GERD and Crohn's would make me kill myself if I had them. Can't eat anything.
>>
>>7354737
sorry i have no experience of third world supermarkets.
>>
>>7354732
>man the americans in this thread are so stupid
i'm not american
>>
>>7354737
Why would you not buy fresh garlic?
>>
>>7354292
You can try adding more tomato product or just use it in different ways. Too much garlic is never something I've encountered but if you've found yourself in this predicament I'd strongly recommend adding some red pepper flakes and using it as a pizza sauce.
>>
>>7354761
I do buy fresh garlic (not OP). worked in a restaurant that had that watered crap garlic, had to use half a jar for chicken.
>>
File: You gay as fuck.jpg (34 KB, 445x393) Image search: [Google]
You gay as fuck.jpg
34 KB, 445x393
>>7354732
>any browning of garlic makes the taste too powerful and astringent
>>
>>7354720
>guys I substituted baking powder with tartar sauce
Is this real
>>
>>7354720
>>cut eggs in 4 pieces and season them with weird shit to become goat chef of zimbabwe and earn a Nigerian

pfft haha
>>
>>7354292
Why would you want to? There's no such thing as too much garlic.
>>
>>7355404
>There's no such thing as too much garlic.

What he said.
>>
>>7355363
Sounds like a convoluted pun on using baking soda + tartar powder instead of baking powder.
>>
>>7354292
cut it larger/coarser
>>
>>7354292
How do you "much" garlic?
>>
>>7354732

>4 person pasta 1 or 2 cloves is normally plenty
>1 or 2 cloves
>plenty

I think you missed a "1" in front of those two numbers; I use at least 4-5 cloves when just cooking for myself

garlic polyman for life
>>
>>7356560

and don't get me started on how much i love ROASTED GARLIC
>>
>>7354446
>>7354728
Though I'm all for garlic and onion myself I do remember watching tv and in a Buddhist temple, I believe, they believe that garlic and onion block ones path to enlightenment / spiritual connection there's also another food they consider to do the same though I don't really remember. It is also true that they detox through your pores.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.