[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Come Dine With Me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Come Dine With Me
>>
LOOK AT THE WAY TIM IS COOKING HIS EGGS
WHAT A FUCKING FAGGOT

MEANWHILE, STACY IS A RETARDED SPIC WHO DOESNT KNOW HOW TO USE KETCHUP PROPERLY

SHAKE FIRST YOU DUMB WHORE
>>
>>7353323

I'm rather drunk and on a fair dose of molly, but what the fuck am I reading and why is it so funny?
>>
my favourite bit is when they honour the pretense of it being an instructional cooking show for a couple of minutes and show the host making a fucking stew or novelty dish of the day
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-15x1e9io
>>
>>7353502
I was hoping someone would post this. Why else would you watch it except for moments like this?
>>
Anyone else find the commentator annoying as fuck? All his "jokes" tend to be so obvious that they didn't need to be stated, or not funny at all. His voice is annoying too. Here's an example:
>>7353502
This scene stands on its own without any commentary, but he feels the need to say "Doggy bag anyone?" It's not even funny, it doesn't add anything to the scene, it just kills the humour.
>>
>>7353502
lol what a faggot, the worst contestants are the people who go in wanting to win, and not just doing it for fun.

>>7353654
I find him annoying as well, but I also totally get why he said it. For many people, that scene isn't really funny, just super awkward, so going back in to the rest of the show or cutting to credits would just be awkward, so he says something lighthearted, it's not necessarily meant to be hilarious, but just enough to bring the mood back down and relax the situation for the viewer.
>>
Top tier hungover student-house television 2bh
>>
>>7353654
Half the joke is that his jokes are on the nose and that he's camp and a bit mean-spirited.
>>
>>7353502
the ego on these people is hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdOD_sbLviU
>>
I fucking love Come Dine with me
the only daytime tv I will watch

I wonder how easy it is to get on it
>>
what's the ultimate generic come dine with me menu anons? back when i was a student a friend and i came up with

antipasti platter
chicken wrapped in bacon
and lemon posset

but i fear things may have changed.

>>7354786

>I wonder how easy it is to get on it

you just have to be fucking mental these days.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCiztQ-3-o
>>
British version seem so good. Ours is so serious
>>
>>7354797
she literally killed herself

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2443605/Come-Dine-With-Me-contestant-Dawn-Barry-dies-battle-alcoholism.html
>>
>>7353654
The schtick is getting a bit tired now, but at the time it was novel to have a commentator that wasn't just completely neutral. Every other show has a jokey slightly mean commentator now.

It helps if you've actually watched a few episodes with a group of people, because 90% of the time they're all giant assholes or morons, so it feels less annoying having someone making snide remarks.
>>
>>7354803
It helps that we're literally all chronic alcoholics. Makes it almost a test of endurance as the contestants gradually get more and more hungover.

Also means the first person to go usually wins because they're semi sober and no one hates each other yet.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.