[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Spanish food? I think it's amazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: chanfaina_salmantina.jpg (161 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
chanfaina_salmantina.jpg
161 KB, 600x450
What do you guys think of Spanish food?

I think it's amazing and way more complex than I could have ever imagined--it's so much more than tapas and paella.

I live in Castilla y Leon and here's some of the most common dishes.

>Alubias (or judiones) de la Granja
Big ass beans stewed with pig's ear, chorizo, garlic, onion, tomato, and paprika.
>Chanfaina (pic related)
A rice dish similar in form to paella, made with lamb tripe and other lamb parts, blood, garlic, hard-boiled egg, cumin, and paprika
>Sopa castellana
A hearty peasant soup, made with stale bread, paprika, metric fucktons of garlic, broth, and poached egg, and embutidos (ham, sausage) if you like
>Limon serrano
Strange and addictive salad made with oranges, fried eggs, paprika, ham, chorizo, and garlic
>Farinato
One of my all-time favorites, I had never tasted anything like it before coming to Spain. It's a sausage made with pumpkin, anise, bread, garlic, lard, and probably some other shit I'm forgetting. It's usually crisped in a skillet with olive oil, and served with fried eggs and sometimes fried potatoes. Absolutely amazing.

I could share a lot more. This region is known for top-tier hams, sausage, and pork in general, as well as great beef, lamb, and veal.
>>
>>7353081
It's all the same shit rearranged like all mexican food
>>
File: queso valdeon.jpg (1 MB, 2362x1772) Image search: [Google]
queso valdeon.jpg
1 MB, 2362x1772
>>7353096
While I will admit that there's a lot of similarities between some dishes and that they do love their garlic and paprika...

Srsly nigga? Spain has some of the best gastronomy in Europe.

I would rank it up there with France and Italy
>>
Is there a distinction at at all between "spanish food" and any of the other cultures on the peninsula?

Like does Catalonia have distinct food or Galicia or The Basque Country?
>>
>>7353096
This, mexican food gives me diarrhea
>>7353109
Spotted the hipster. Is that supposed to be cheese? I bet it goes great with fermented pig anus.
>>
>>7353143
Yes, each region, although they do share certain dishes, has their own distinct cuisines.

For instance, Galicia is known for having amazing seafood dishes, and the Basque Country features tortilla-like flatbread, amazing pintxos, and cider.

Have to admit I don't know much about Catalan cuisine.

>>7353156
k
>>
>>7353156
>hipster
Back to your chicken nuggets and ranch dip you plebe.
>>
>>
Only limon serrano and farinato sounds appetizing
>>
File: raqueta.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
raqueta.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>7353617
I know it might not seem the most appetizing of food, but they are dishes packed with flavor. Very rustic, very filling, peasant fare meant to pack a punch but quite delicious. You wouldn't think that a soup made with so few ingredients would taste so good but you'd be wrong.

Also
>beans aren't appetizing
Wtf senpai

Here's some typical pastries and desserts from this region

>Hornazo salamantino
This is basically a savory meat pie, made with hard-boiled egg (sometimes), ham, chorizo, garlic, paprika and other miscellaneous pork bits. Traditionally it was only eaten on Lunes de aguas, the first Monday after Easter; the legend goes that during Lent, the prostitutes were exiled from the city of Salamanca to the other side of the river, and that the first Monday after the Semana santa, they were welcomed back into the city with open arms and hornazo. However, now you can find it any time of the year. Good af with a beer.

>Raqueta (pic related)
One of the most dank god damn pastries I've ever tasted, basically a gigantic sweet pastry filled with a virile squirt of luscious custard. Usually you eat it for breakfast or merienda with coffee. If you want to be very sinful you can dip it in Spanish-style hot chocolate.

>Almendras garrapiƱadas
Highly addictive almonds in a crunchy brown sugar crust
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.