[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, I cant cook and Im trying to live very cheap right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: MONEY RULES.png (582 KB, 687x747) Image search: [Google]
MONEY RULES.png
582 KB, 687x747
Hey /ck/, I cant cook and Im trying to live very cheap right now
What are some good foods I can make and learn to cook at the same time?
>>
Chili
Any kind of soup
anything that must be prepared and cooked rather than microwaved
>>
File: spamchovy.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
spamchovy.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Pizza.
>>
>>7352229
omelettes
spaghetti carbonara
stir fry
fried rice
pinto beans or black beans (feijoada)
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>7352229
stir fry, at a basic level its just chopping stuff up and putting it in a pan with sauce

>>7352238
>
>>
>>7352229
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFJ_jmTaZ3Q
>>
>>7352229
rice and beans.
soup.
anything with primarily onions and brocoli.
>>
File: Average CK Chef.jpg (75 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Average CK Chef.jpg
75 KB, 720x540
>>7352261

>anything with primarily onions and broccoli

/ck/: where shut-ins with nonsensical and highly idiosyncratic eating habits teach poor children how to feed themselves.
>>
>>7352229
Eggs
Bread
Popcorn
Potatos... Latkes, scalloped, kugel, hassleback
Pasta
Applesauce or compote
Corn fritters
Also a good tip is to make mass quantities of sauce. Make jars of stir fry sauce and salad dressing and keep them in the fridge.
>>
Don't try to learn fancy recipes at the start. Just learn how to make eggs, saute onions/mushrooms/etc., basic meats like steak, and rice. Everything else is basically just added complexity on these basic things.
>>
Curry (Thai/Indian)
Stir Fry
Fried Rice
Pork chops + sides
Roasted chicken
Soups (Chicken, Tortilla, etc..)
Tacos/Burritos

When buying ingredients always look for sales.
Buy cheaper cuts of meat as well.
Frozen vegetables are cheaper and keep longer then fresh.
>>
>>7352341
Most Frozen vegetables are disgusting unless you mask them well and unless you get super cheap (gross) brands, no way they'll be less expensive than fresh
>>
>>7352229

beans on toast with cheese
egg fried rice
spanish omelette
pizza
noodles with chicken added
carbonara
chilli
curry(indian/chinese)
eggs on toast
fish fingers with chips
sausages with chips
egg and chips
hamburgers
hot dogs
jacket potato with cheese and coleslaw
chicken poppers
chicago pepper and egg sandwich
sausage sandwiches
bacon sandwiches
>>
>>7352229
>animu
>>
>all this beans
You guys dont actually like to eat beans do you?
>>
>>7352277
Almost everyone has idiosyncratic eating habits unless you're constantly traveling and not preparing your own meals
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.