[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Pataks-korma-paste.jpg (122 KB, 516x950) Image search: [Google]
Pataks-korma-paste.jpg
122 KB, 516x950
So I have a jar of This curry. It's the older stock which looks more red. On their site and the new stuff their Korma now looks yellow. (wtf, idk).

Anyways I want to add strips of chicken into it. How do I make the chicken as tender as possible. Should I salt it and let it stand for 15 min. to let the juices rise before I cut it into strips? Should I boil it before i add it to sauce, or let it cook in the sauce? I don't know.

Any Ideas? I don't want dry chicken in my curry.
>>
moisturize your chicken
>>
>>7351548
Don't overcook the chicken.
>>
>>7351583
Do you suggest I boil or pan fry
>>
>>7351548
What part of the chicken is it? Breasts will be the hardest to keep moist. The main thing is not to cook it for too long at too high a temperature. You can add the raw chicken to the sauce or you can sear it first and then add the sauce and cook for another 15-20 minutes at a low to medium heat.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Made curry last night:
Heat oven to 375F
Sear the chicken in a little butter and oil with salt (and other spices)
Toss in the oven for ~12 minutes or until done flipping halfway
Let it sit until workable then slice and simmer with your sauce & veggies

Pic related some leftovers
>>
So I decided to stir fry my chicken and add the sauce (potato and carrot added). and cook it just a bit after adding to chx. Also added a half can of coconut cream to the sauce. It turned out AMAZING. I'd add a pic, but my phone for whatever reason isn't connecting with my computer...
>>
Does anyone else put their curry in a tortilla wrap instead of serving it with rice?

It's so much more convenient.
>>
>>7351548
definitely cook the chicken before adding it to the curry. That Korma will barely need to warm up before its good to go and your chicken would still be raw
>>
>>7352004
Sounds like it all worked out perfectly. Your description made me hungry.
>>
>>7351548
mix it 50/50 with a 1/2 cup water
put in pressure cooker with three big chicken thighs
cook for 15 minutes, then shred

eat with rice and beans, make tacos, burritos, or just eat it plain like a savage
>>
>>7351548
Brine the chicken if you have time.
Otherwise, you can cook the chicken strips in the korma with enough water using a pressure cooker.

If you're going to cook it separately, might be nicer to steam the chicken rather than pan frying since you don't want your curry to be too greasy.
>>
>>7347573
>rice and beans, tacos, or burriots
do you not know what korma is or something?
>>
>>7352540
meant for
>>7352463
not sure how that happened
>>
>>7352540
I had no idea what korma was. Can you find this in any American cities? Is it more an east coast thing?
>>
>>7352623
It's a sweet curried indian dish, I've never been to an Indian place that hasn't served it and I live in Indiana
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.