[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yelp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 395x261) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 395x261
Is yelp literally just reddit/tumblr for food "critics"
Everytime i read their revies i just cant understand some of the complaints. I dont use yelp, and dont encourage the use of it. Its garbage.
>>
File: 47789942.jpg (82 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
47789942.jpg
82 KB, 600x600
>>7351408
Tfw I'm an active yelp user with over 100 reviews
>>
I use grubhub personally.
If the food is exceptional I leave a positive review, but only for my usual places that I really like.
I look at it as something I would do for a close friend. They're cool enough to make good food and deliver, why not help them out with something positive.
If the food is shit I'm not a fucking douchebag SJW who feels the need to scream rat.
>>
Everyone needs a hobby. Theirs is rating restaurants on Yelp, yours is shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>7351408
I was Yelp Elite for a couple years. Kinda fun five years ago. Once I was published as a food writer I stopped bothering with it.

This place is way worse than Yelp in terms of a few totally unrelated views about food offering their opinions.
>>
>>7351420
Wow holy shit that pepe is bad.
It's like a fucking kid with autism made it,holy shit its so bad like what the fucking fuck. . .
>>
I used Yelp to find restaurants that are in the area, not necessarily for the reviews.
But I recently found out that you can Google "restaurants near me" and they all show up on Google maps, and they have a better and more complete list than Yelp.
>>
Best thing on yelp is the pictures in my opinion. To me they're the best indicator of what to expect. Reviews are almost pointless
>>
I use yelp because it's the best site to find pictures of the actual food, and I like looking at pictures of food.
>>
I've had service shitty enough that I've considered leaving a review, but by the time I get home I just don't care anymore.

/blogpost
>>
Everytime i leave a review it gets filtered

Fuck yelp
>>
>>7351973
>Yelp Elite
Kill yourself
>>
yelp has easy-to-find restaurant information like hours, cost, location, phone number, etc. i'll read the reviews for a laugh.
>>
Who /yelper/ here?

Checking in, snapping pics & reviewing like a boss!

I'm going to Lobsterfest at Red Lobster next weekend with my GF. I already gave them 4 stars last time(my biscuits weren't as cheesy as they normally are and they didn't bring out my extra garlic butter til I was practically done with my king crab legs) but the seafood was cooked and prepared to perfection.
>>
File: 0000_aYOE1.jpg (41 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
0000_aYOE1.jpg
41 KB, 500x667
>>7352491

I decided to try Taco Bell for the first time in probably a decade when they were doing the ps4 promotion (and it was being shilled like fuck on /ck/), and when I looked it up to see what was even on the menu discovered that your local fast food places are on Yelp.

People actually go to a specific McDonald's or Taco Bell location, take pictures, and write reviews on Yelp.

>most of the food was pretty bad
>they made me buy a sugar water if i wanted the golden ps4
>they made me borrow a cell phone in order to find out if i won a golden ps4
>i didn't win a golden ps4
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.