[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dietary restrictions.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: wt.jpg (51 KB, 400x538) Image search: [Google]
wt.jpg
51 KB, 400x538
Anyone here suffer from bad GERD or acid reflux?

I'm on medication which helps, but my diet is pretty limited. I avoid a lot of processed and fatty food, and have some pretty awful restrictions on what won't set me off.

>Very limited intake of dairy
>No onions, tomatoes, peppers, citrus or high amounts of sugar
>Heavy fats and sauces are out
>Many spices set me off, especially cinnamon, garlic, tumeric, pepper and cumin.

While I'm making do cooking my own meals, and eating pretty healthy, its all bland as fuck. I'm just wondering what I can do for seasoning or making things taste better.

I'm also interested in what people with other dietary restrictions do to cook around them. So if you have stories about that I'd like to hear them.
>>
Allergic to dairy. There are vegan products that do a good job as replacements.
>>
Bring back Snacks!
>>
I get terrible acid heartburn all the time. Probably because I eat all those things you mentioned in massive amounts and have no plans to stop. I keep antacids handy all over my flat and in all my coat pockets and just eat half of one whenever I feel the acid.

I thought I was lactose intolerant once (turns out it was just from eating a LOT of bad yoghurt). I switched to coconut milk and it wasn't bad at all. I still use coconut milk instead of dairy sometimes out of preference. It's great in porridge. Pretty good in pancakes as well.
>>
>>7351064
>No onions, tomatoes, peppers, citrus
>Many spices set me off, especially cinnamon, garlic, tumeric, pepper and cumin

I truly feel sorry for you.

I follow a restricted diet, but not for any specific condition, I restrict myself to whole plant based foods for long term health reasons(no I'm not vegan), and what you listed above are regular staples of my diet, partly because of taste(they are also all very nutritionally healthy). Man I love garlic so damn much.

>and eating pretty healthy, its all bland as fuck

What I have learned is that taste is very relative, and one's sense of taste can literally adjust over the period of a month or so to the point that I have found plainly cooked veggies to be very satisfying, especially after getting out of the habit using salt(which has virtually zero nutritional value anyway). There is actually a lot of taste and flavour in many veggies that gets masked out if you drown it with (strong)spices, sugars, fats and salt, which is the norm today.

You could try herbs, they can add a lot of flavour and aroma, and shouldn't trigger anything as they aren't as intense as spices. Thyme, rosemary, sage, mint, oregano, etcetera... man I'm getting hungry now.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.