[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know anything about making food. I have a bunch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: sweet-potatoes.jpg (60 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
sweet-potatoes.jpg
60 KB, 500x345
I don't know anything about making food. I have a bunch of sweet potatoes that I figure I should make. How do you simply prepare one to eat? Every thing I find online has all these extra ingredients like olive oil and stuff. What if I just want to make the potato, and that's it?

Is it possible to microwave it, or will that not be safe to eat when its done?
>>
>>7349675
>all these extra ingredients like olive oil
Yeah and salt. I hate it when all these ridiculous recipes require crazy obscure shit.
>>
Just boil or steam it.

Or use normal oil instead of olive oil, especially if it's for cooking.
>>
>>7349698
>normal oil
F L Y O V E R
.L
..Y
...O
....V
.....E
......R
>>
you can nuke it too just make sure you wrap it in aluminum foil
>>
Roast it
>>
>>7349675

Peel.
Cut into thin wedge shapes
Sprinkle with salt.
Wait 30 mins.
Drain off liquid, rinse salt off.
Cover in rosemary, garlic and oil.
Cook for like 30 mins at 220C
Remove
Eat.

Any oil is good, it's only for transporting flavour. You're not trying to support a 3rd world shithole, get canola or sunflower oil.

$1 for a garlic bulb, $2 for 500mL of oil. Just do it. Steal rosemary from peoples gardens if they grow it, just use sharp scissors and take the fresh growths to prevent damage.
>>
just stick it in the oven until it's soft. depending on size, 375F for about an hour should do it.

you can microwave them.
>>
Make sure you buy sweet candly apple yellow yam and not that orange/white babylon yam like in your picture. I usually cover them in rapeseed oil and put em in the oven with some carrots and parsnips.
>>
>>7349675
>extra ingredients
>olive oil
Bud even if you can't cook, you should at least have some oil, come on.
>>
>>7349675
> Simplest
Cool like a baked potatoe wrapped in foil. The sugars will caramelize and you won't even need toppings

> next simplest
Chop some up and fry it in a pan with spicy sausage or chorizo.
>>
Grate like carrots
Season
Eat raw as a side
>>
>>7349780

Really? I can just stick it in the oven?

Also I dont have any tin foil. Can I still make it.

Would it work if I just put it in the microwave for 10 minutes? Im more concerned if its safe to eat, dont need anything fancy.
>>
File: wow it took 8 of you to kill me.png (532 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
wow it took 8 of you to kill me.png
532 KB, 500x363
>>7349760
>>
File: you and what ar....jpg (13 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
you and what ar....jpg
13 KB, 540x489
>>7350072
>>
>>7349675
Just bake it, dude. A simple baked sweet poato with butter, salt, and pepper is a thing of beauty. You can always dress it up with extra stuff (I love topping a baked sweet potato with caramelized onions and parmesan cheese), but it doesn't necessary need anything besides butter and s&p.
Anyway, wash the sweet potato and poke several times with a fork. Put it in a 400F oven (on a baking sheet or pan, because they will leak juices) and bake for about an hour (depending on size). You'll know it's done when you can easily pierce it with a fork and it feels soft all the way through.
>>
Stab it up with a fork and bake it until it's starting to get soft. You can eat it plain, but I like to mash it up with black pepper, cilantro, red chilli and lime juice.
>>
>>7350043
cut it halfway through and nuke it until it goes all soft, checking every five minutes or so
put butter or melty cheese in when it's done, nuke for another minute
WA LA
>>
>>7350043
you don't need to wrap it in foil. it'll probably leak some juice, so put something under it if you don't want sweet potato juice burned onto the bottom of your oven.

10 minutes in the microwave should be good for a medium-sized potato. i'm not sure why you think it would not be safe to eat.
>>
>>7350267

by cut halfway through do you mean cut the potato in half, or just cut it down the middle so its open
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.