[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Publix, discuss this shopping place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Publix, discuss this shopping place
>>
>>7349570
More expensive than kroger but ALOT cleaner and better quality
>>
Their sushi is expensive but tasty.
>>
Great place to pick up a lead sandwich.
>>
It was the first part-time job I ever had and beat every part-time gig I had afterwards by miles. I live in Europe now and I still miss their godtier baked potato salad.
>>
Fuck off back to /hoc/ faggot
>>
good subs, staff is usually decent, clean, store brand stuff is good as well, A+
>>
>>7349651
true imo

>>7349666
also true imo

>>7349676

what

>>7349688
that's cute anon

>>7349690
fuck off /fit/got

>>7349694
agree
>>
>>7349570
my local publix regularly puts spoiled meat on sale, and sells packages of moldy veg. sometimes they'll have good prices on other sale items, and their deli is pretty good though.
>>
>>7349570
FUCK U FUXXXXIBOIIII
FAGGOT ASA BIHHHHHHSHHHH
>>
Grew up in Florida and seriously missed it after I moved to Virginia. Farm Fresh is overpriced most of the time and Food Lions tend to be sketchy. They opened a new Kroger nearby which is really pretty and all but it still doesn't compare to Publix. Store brand products aren't really worth buying (something that was surprisingly good with Publix) and the deli/subs/fried chicken aren't to the same standard.

I moved to the UK last year and things are pretty shit here as far as grocery stores go. The local Tesco isn't the biggest and the Sainsburys in town is fucking tiny so I do the majority of my grocery shopping online. I miss being able to pick up a decent sub or some fried chicken with my groceries.
>>
sickening, pissening employees
>>
I worked on Washington Road during Masters and the high price hookers they bussed in bought every condom, lube, douche, any sex related item they could.
I could not contain myself in the breakroom. Wish I coulda afforded one of those hotties
>>
>>7349993
my nigga, my unit was at the augusta armory. i only bought the cheaper ladies, wasnt worth it doe. with i had slurged for the hotties doe.
>>
File: kekkat.png (52 KB, 363x216) Image search: [Google]
kekkat.png
52 KB, 363x216
>>7349865
>publix fried chicken
nothing finer
>>
Went to fresh market yesterday to get some good scallops because I figured they had better ones than Publix. Ask the guy at the seafood counter if they have dry packed sea scallops.
>"what does that mean?"
>see scallops sitting in a pool of milky water
>leave store
>go to Publix and find clearly labeled dry sea scallops from Japan.
>seafood counter guy gives me a cooked shrimp to taste while waiting for him to pack my scallops.

Why do people fall for the yuppie grocery store meme?
>>
>>7350209

What town?
>>
>>7350797
Orlando
>>
>>7349570
whats with all these threads with the OP file missing?
>>
>>7349570
I used to get their sushi when it was $5.50
now it's up to $8.00 so I don't eat sushi anymore
They've got good capicola though.
>>
>>7350209
>Why do people fall for the yuppie grocery store meme?

They usually sell a lot of shit normal grocery stores don't.

Some of it overpriced, some not so much.
>>
>>7351049
Yeah that's about the only thing they have going for them. Publix's service is noticeably better than the fresh market I go to. Publix is like the chick fil a of grocery stores, has that same vibe, it isn't perfect though.
>>
Basically where you go to get something a little harder to find or to avoid minorities for a slightly higher price.
>>
>>7350943
For some reason the new mod thinks it's a good idea to delete images that contain memes

We've had a couple of decent threads die in the last week because people can't find it in the catalog
>>
>>7351127
What's with the mods being so shitty lately?
They delete threads relating to food and let fast food shill threads stay up.
I do applaud them deleting the jack threads though. Finally.
>>
File: 1359301802999.jpg (146 KB, 727x1085) Image search: [Google]
1359301802999.jpg
146 KB, 727x1085
>>7351664
>lately
>>
>>7351664
Mods have always done the stupidest shit, but we can't do anything, best to ignore
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.