[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Macrobrews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
Pic related is what I'm drinking right now, and I was just wondering...what is it that makes most macrobrews taste so much worse than microbews? Is it the ingredients? The way it's made? Why is so much beer that is produced on a large scale not good?

By the way, I'm not an elitist snob, I'll drink whatever like I'm doing now. I was just wondering what you guys think
>>
File: 1423601633213.jpg (93 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1423601633213.jpg
93 KB, 600x450
big name lagers use a lot of corn in the mash.

maybe you dont like the taste of corn.
>>
Its basically just watered down beer
If you like drinking plain carbonated water, you might enjoy it, but most people don't enjoy plain carbonated water
>>
>>7348470
They use corn in such a way that it doesn't really add any flavor, though bud uses rice, not corn and is even worse
>>
>>7348421
Because their pipelines are optimized for massive scale production of cost efficiency.
>>
Because the point is to sell to as many people as possible, which means it has to be bland. Push the flavor towards any specific note and you lose customers that aren't partial to that flavor.
>>
>>7348421
its quantity over quality. micro brews can focus more on quality and taste where as macro brews want to maximize sales with minimum effort.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.