[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you skim your stock, you're a retard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: stock.jpg (46 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
stock.jpg
46 KB, 600x400
If you skim your stock, you're a retard.
>>
>>7348195
If you make threads about trivial shit, you're a retard.
>>
>>7348204
Filthy stockskimmer detected.
>>
If you make your own stock, you're a retard.
>>
Yeah, but at least I'm better than Hitler.
>>
>>7348270
No man that foam shit's gross
>>
>>7348195
fatty.
>>
>>7348282
let's not get hasty with our conclusions, friend.
>>
>>7348288
That's the best god damned part of the stock.

>"oh no my soup stock isn't crystal clear like my diet organic free-trade anal water infusion, I'd better get rid of the most flavorful part"

^That's what you sound like.
>>
>>7348306
calling this and shit like pizza crust the best part is what poor people do t b h
>>
>>7348293
Hitler detected.
>>
>>7348364
Poor people were also the ones who realized that bacon and lobster were fucking delicious.
>>
having made stocks for several years, can confirm that unless you have a really high quality pressure cooker or some shit, skimming your stock is the way to go. it's not just clarity, it's a layer of undesirable flavour.
>>
>>7348387
>pressure cooker

go on...
>>
>deveining shrimp

fags
>>
>>7348195
You're an idiot. You're not eating the nice nutrients when you skip skimming, you're eating the impurities and undesirable proteins. It makes your stock taste like shit. You're a fucking bad cook and you should feel bad.
>>
>>7349146
Tastes OK, bro. Sounds like you've been arbitrarily skimming on advice without taking time to find out for yourself what happens when you don't.
>>
>>7348195
just made two giant pots of stalk with left over turkies I made, then made soup with it. just so you know, i skimmed the fuck out of that broth. so much so even a ton of herbs were pulled out.

get rekted.
>>
>>7349158
As I said before, you're an idiot. And presumptuous to boot.
>>
>>7349279
Tastes OK, bro. I doubt you've ever made stock.
>>
>>7348195
So if you don't skim your stock, what exactly happens to make this state of affairs so desirable?
>>
>>7348195
Why wouldn't you skim stock?
If you claim that the skimmed material is good, then you can just save it and use it later, or put it in a bowl and eat it later
>>
Can't you just pour it through a coffee filter?
>>
>>7349146
>impurities and undesirable proteins
Yeah gotta get your crystal-clear vegan free-trade-certified stock to avoid those nasty free radicals and gluten :^)
>>
>>7349346
Then why skim it? Seems like an unnecessary extra step.
>>
You skim it to clarify the stock.

Are all of you really this fucking stupid? Or... wait, this is an "ironic shitposting" thread, isn't it? Man, you sure caught me, haha. I took it for seriously for a moment there. Whew. Yeah, human beings couldn't be that dumb...
>>
>>7348282
Hitler literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>7350108

what if you don't want your stock clear
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.