[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here had food poisoning before? What are the symptoms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1415323877382.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1415323877382.gif
957 KB, 500x418
Anyone here had food poisoning before? What are the symptoms like? I ate a decent amount of taco bell earlier and currently have a strange dizzy feeling + mild stomach pain. Pls help
>>
>>7348114
You'll know you have food poisoning once you start throwing up while blasting diarrhea out the other end.
>>
>>7348114
It could be creeping up. I've had it twice and it always just felt like a minor stomach issue, but as >>7348124 said, you can only really know when it hits you suddenly.

If you can get some activated charcoal that could help. I had food poisoning a few months ago, and it definitely relieved the symptoms.
>>
>>7348206
Meant to say it always started like a minor stomach issue, then quickly became more...
>>
You'll know when it's food poisoning, trust me.

I lose my shit whenever someone around me talks shit about a restaurant because the got diarrhea the next day.

Nigga, unless you wrapped around the toilet bowl in the fetal position to cool your feverish body between spasms of vomiting and peeing out your butt, you've never had food poisoning.
>>
File: 1405640867586.jpg (57 KB, 410x700) Image search: [Google]
1405640867586.jpg
57 KB, 410x700
>>7348114
I had poisoning from Taco Hell once. Mindless amount of vomit. You will be drinking water all day for a couple days just throwing it back up every hour.
>>
>>7348114
If you've got food poisoning you'll know it from horrible things coming out of every orifice on your body. Also, you'll be incapacitated except for the extraordinary effort to get to your toilet for a couple of days. That effort will be truly extraordinary btw.
>>
>>7348114
>what is Google?

Niggah, go fucking Google yo symptoms.
>>
>>7348114
Its just gas
>>
>>7348124
This

>qtp2t flies all the way from california to stay with me
>first few days go good
>foodpoisoning.flac
>studio apartment

she was a good sport.
>>
Depends on the person, some pussy ass niggas with below par immune systems are sick for days and barely able to move.

It's generally stomach pain, diarrhea and the feeling you don't want to eat anything ever again. Sleep it off and you're good to go. If the pain is still there and/or you develop a fever then go to a doctor since it might be actual poisoning.
>>
>>7348337
>>7348357
A fever is definitely possible, though mine went away without the doctor.
>>
>>7348114
If you have food poisoning, you will NEVER have to ask a forum about Chinese cartoons if so.
Also what is with all the Taco Bell hate?
It has never once made me sick aside from overindulgence and the food is good enough for the price yet this has been a meme since 2 hours after the company was founded.
>>
File: 1451878771528.gif (2 MB, 270x217) Image search: [Google]
1451878771528.gif
2 MB, 270x217
I ate some bad potato salad once. It was awful. Horrible nausea, body pain, headache, everything was pain. It was like a week of the flu condensed into one night of horror. Felt fine the next day though.
>>
I recently had a bout of food poisoning due to an undercooked burger, it started off with be feeling bloated as fuck and almost flu like symptoms lethargic as fuck, massive stomach pain, thought I could sleep it off.

Then when I went down to my kitchen to get some water I expelled vomit out of my mouth so powerfully I had pain in my collar bone for the next few days.
>>
I and my parents once had food poisoning at the same time. Bad leftovers when I was home from college for Christmas. It was a bad deal, three people with food poisoning in a house with one toilet.

It took a while longer to hit me, so my parents were mostly done with the constant puking/diarrhea by the time I was at my worst. You'll know you have food poisoning when you're sitting on the toilet while leaning over a bucket, alternating between using one and the other.

I was really sick for six hours or so. But I was still really shaky even the next day from how drained I was. I went two days without eating anything really solid. And I recovered a lot faster than my parents -- which meant I got their tickets to an NFL game on Christmas Eve in a nice luxury box, because they were still eating nothing but chicken soup and saltine crackers.
>>
I always eat my undercooked burgers, and sometimes I leave leftover pizza outside of the fridge for up to 3 days and eat it. All of this, yet I've never had food poisoning. It seems pretty hard to get
>>
File: 1447619145122.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1447619145122.gif
443 KB, 400x296
>>7348554
Shoulda' popped 'em into the 'wave for 30 seconds so you didn't havecha worry 'bout 'em.
>>
>>7348559
I'd probably be more careful if I'd ever had food poisoning. Until I actually get food poisoning, I just don't give a fuck.
>>
> not living with constant stomach pain

Just call in sick, we won't judge you
>>
Got food poisoning from sunny side up eggs at Denny's once, shit was awful, the first night I couldn't even keep water down. Puking mostly stopped after the first night but the constant green apple splatters continued for another couple days, I stayed at home, drank Gatorade and barely ate anything. Also I had eaten some chocolate peanut butter ice cream right before I started hurling and i couldn't bring myself to eat anything with chocolate and peanut butter combined for like a year.
>>
Thought I was being cute and ordered the beef curry from an Indian restaurant.

>youreNotSoFunnyNow.jpg
>>
seafood cocktail once had me waking up in the middle of the night and wondering if was either having an acid flashback or if someone had spiked my drink with lsd. felt very similar. projectile vomited into the bowl with such force that it splashed everywhere.

if you have to ask, then you don't have food poisoning.
>>
I've gotten food poisoning twice from two different Taco Bells in two different states.
I don't eat Taco Bell anymore.
>>
had it once, bought a cheese/steak pie from a busstop vendor. Had been surfing for hours and was starving, it tasted like roadkill but I was so hungry I ate it anyway. Wokeup and puked all over my bed that night, was vomiting for the next 2 days and shitting everywhere. I couldn't even drink water, a shotglassfull would have me heaving within seconds. I was so dehydrated I thought I was going to die. I was pretty close to going to hospital or buying an IV bag to cannulate myself.
>>
I had an experience once with fried scallops from an asian restaurant but it was a year before I started having regular gallstone attacks, so I don't know if actual food poisoning or if it was the beginnings of a giant stone they eventually had to remove. Either way it felt like I was giving birth to a demon.
>>
>>7348573
It's not that bad. I mean, it's pretty awful, but it only lasts like a day. As long as you don't shit yourself in public, it's not like it's the absolute worst thing that could happen in a day
>>
I got food poisoning a couple times.
First time was from some bad chow mein from a chinese place inside one of the local STATER BROS. super markets. I hadn't had chinese food in a while and wanted some Orange Chicken with chow mein and rice, and it was new years eve (2006/2007) so I decided to treat myself. The place I wanted it from was closed down so I went there instead. Never ate there, so I figured the odd taste of the Chow Mein was just how they seasoned it. A couple hours later I was in the bathroom shitting my guts out, with my bowels feeling like they were trying to rip themselves apart and out of my body. I spent the whole weekend shitting green water every 15-20 minutes for 10-20 minutes per session and had to go to urgent care to get it to stop and get re-hydrated.my bathroom smelled like something had died for 2 months.
Second time, I was at a friend's house and stayed longer than I'd planned. Against my better judgment, I had some tacos made from ingredients that had been sitting out for 3 hours in a kitchen that looked like a city dump. At 1 AM I woke up to have the shits, and ended up having it come out of BOTH ends.
Third time was a burger from Jack in the Box. That was just stomach pains and vomiting three times. Shit sucks though, dude. .
>>
>>7349185
idk how bad you got it, but when I did it was horrific. by far the sickest I have ever been in my life. couldn't sleep, could not get comfortable, having to stagger to the toilet every 15 minutes, blacking out in the bathroom on the floor. I was probably crying but my eyes were watering from vomiting so much it's hard to say. I would rather have the flu for a month than food poisoning like that again.
>>
>>7348114
It might start like that. You'll KNOW.

I have a fairly weak stomach, a weak immune system, and I'm underweight, so I've been fairly unlucky.

In particular, I contracted campylobacter jejuni once a few years ago, off of some (well-cooked, no pink, tasted fine, but apparently NOT fine) chicken served to me. I was very, very ill for about three weeks, required antibiotics and antiemetics, narrowly avoided hospitalisation because I couldn't keep even water down (but fortunately, after the antiemetics, could keep down hot Ribena - but only that), and they had to check me a few months later for possible inflammatory bowel syndrome.

Don't mess with chicken - but looking back, there was no way I could have known it was bad at the time. I was just susceptible, and unlucky.

I don't know about Taco Bell, but I am certainly never going to eat it in my life - the only one in my country was summarily shut down due to failing the results of a spot-check hygiene inspection, so you're probably fucked, yes. How fucked you are depends on your stomach.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.