[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recipes you've gotten from fictional sources/how they turned out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: FoodWarsShokugekiNoSoma.png (466 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
FoodWarsShokugekiNoSoma.png
466 KB, 640x960
So I recently ( and unfortunately ) sat through this Shokugeki No Soma anime thing but the dishes themselves actually seemed not only plausible but realistic. I'm thinking of making the Chaliapan Steak dish the series featured. It made me wonder if anybody here had ever taken a food dish from a fictional source and tried to make said dish. If so how did you find the recipe for said dish, what was it and how did it turn out?

In the series the people took a cut of steak ( I forget which one but I can find the episode again ) and cut the top/bottom before covering it in a bed of onions for about an hour. They then steamed rice, fried the steak/onions after salting/peppering both sides of the steak in a pan and deglazed it with red wine to make a sauce. They then put the steak on the rice, topped it with some of the onions, and didn't really mention what they did with the sauce. If I can find a recipe I'll cook it up and take a pic for you all.
>>
File: 1453751784528s.jpg (3 KB, 125x117) Image search: [Google]
1453751784528s.jpg
3 KB, 125x117
tried the krabby pattie i think

it was fucking assholes
>when you were exactly like that stupid autistic kid in that video but didn't have a older brother too bully you
>>
>>7347579
man that show was dumb as fuck

my first foray back into anime since like 2006 and it's nothing but fan service and tropes
>>
>>7347612
swee, holy fuck that kid was an irredeemable autist
>>
>>7347579

>if I can find a recipe i'll cook it
>literally just typed out the entire recipe

The wine that's used to deglaze the pan gets reduced and mixed with the onions to become the sauce.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chaliapin+steak
>>
>>7347579
I have the Song of Ice and Fire cookbook. I haven't made any of the recipes yet but they seem pretty legit

I'd like to make the sandwich from Spanglish too
>>
>>7347677

>Song of Ice and Fire cookbook

I was given that for my last birthday, after specifically saying never to buy me any GoT related shit.

>i've had it on my computer for years
>>
My brother made what OP is talking about before. It was very good.
>>
>>7347579
I almost had a fucking seizure when they just kept saying Umami
>''THIS FLAVOUR, IT'S UMAMI!''
>''UMAMI''
>UMAMI
>UMAMI
>UMAMIIIIII
>UUUUUUUUUUUUUMAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
WE FUCKING GET IT, NIPS, YOU 'DISCOVERED' UMAMI!
>>
>>7347612
xD It was REALLY that bad?
>>7347616
Agreed, way to ecchi for my entertainment tastes but the food did pique my actual sense of taste.
>>7347642
Good to know it is mixed with the onions!
>>7347651
Thanks for this! I had Googled it and searched via Duck Duck Go but never thought to YouTube it.
>>7347700
Glad you liked it; hopefully I will too. I'll have to set aside some money for the market next month and make the recipe for a few people. I'll take some pics and share with you guys then!
>>
>>7347579
I remember watching Ranma 1/2 and they were going to have "ground pork and potatoes" for dinner. I looked up Japanese home cooking sites. I don't read or speak Japanese, but I figured out what it was and what was in it. Made it myself and it was delicious.

Have since done it substituting tofu for the coarse ground pork, and it works nearly as well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrw5FkLutWk

puerco pibil from once upon a time in mexico

so fucking delicious it doesnt need anything else
>>
>>7347616
Here's your reply
>>
>>7347579
>If I can find a recipe I'll cook it up and take a pic for you all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgHx0zA_dS4
>>
>>7347685

I made the a meat pie with bacon weave for crusts based on a recipe in that cookbook. was aight
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.