[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you buy McDonalds and Liquor on EBT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: s-l1000.jpg (46 KB, 982x982) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
46 KB, 982x982
Can you buy McDonalds and Liquor on EBT?
>>
you can buy mcdonald's, but not liqour or any alcohol. but you can buy the ingredients to make alcohol with ebt.
>>
No. You cannot buy any cooked or prepared foods.
>>
>>7347178
Yes you can if you're "homeless". It's called hot meals.
>>
In my city if you are really old or really homeless you can get hot food. Certain burger kings and subways.
>>
>>7347187

That's not EBT though. It's a different sort of welfare.
>>
Depends on the state and municipal laws I think. Where I grew up, you could buy fast food with EBT, but it couldn't be to-go and you'd have to sit outdoors.
>>
File: ebtjack1.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ebtjack1.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>7347195
That is EBT. At least in Los Angeles. I had EBT and said I was homeless and they gave me hot meals and I was buying from fast food restaurants like in pic related.
>>
>>7347190
Hey I was a runaway homeless teenager >>7347190

It's EBT with Hot meal option added to your allotment, you couldn't eat just hot meals or else you'd starve in a week or two but it helped a lot.
>>
>>7347195
Plus if you're homeless, how are you suppose to cook the food?
>>
>>7347178
I bought bacon and tinned corn with my EBT.
Both are prepared foods.
What's your point, anon?
>>
>>7347100
Not on mine. It's cool, I save cash for booze and fast food. I use EBT for groceries. Raw meat, frozen vegetables, canned beans and corn. That kinda thing. It also works for spices and bread.

but you can't buy pet food, paper towels, aluminum foil, hygiene products. That kinda shit.
>>
>>7347220
Some kind of communal kitchen or portable grill. Or even eat it raw like the animal you are.
>>
You can just cash it out at the beginning of the month and buy drugs.
>>
Use EBT to buy redbull
Sell redbull for $
Use $ to buy liquor + newports
>>
>>7347811

Hood skills 101

It's easier to just find a convenience store that rings up whatever you want as milk. Usually gotta go to a bad neighborhood, and if they got a milk label taped to the register, you found the right place. Store usually taxes you a half gallon per purchase so stock up instead of making more frequent shopping trips.
>>
>>7347220
see /out/ i swear 25% of that board is homeless.
>>
california EBT user for 3+ years here, you can't buy any sort of alcohol, nor can you buy "ready to eat" foods. that includes any sort of restauarant, but also eliminates the deli section of the local grocery stores. the point is, they only want you to buy stuff that you should have to put some effort into making, which is weird because shit like crackers or chips are fine. anything that's not alcohol or designated as pre-prepared by the state of california is okay.
>>
>>7347220
I'm this guy >>7348669, if you don't have a registered place of residence you don't qualify for EBT in the first place. there are some services that are provided though that can let you use their place as a mailing address so that you can at least apply for EBT, but those things often come with their own set of conditions. for example, this one place that was an evening cold-weather shelter had a facility next door that would let you do that, but the place was only open 4 months a year and you were not allowed to be there during the daytime.
>>
>>7347811
This is why everyone get $10 per mouth now, fuck you faggot
>>
>>7347223
They mean prepared as in "here's your ready-made sandwich, just unwrap it and eat it". It's the government that defines what is prepared or not in that sense.
>>
>>7348669
Floridafag here, we have Publix, it's a grocery store with a deli section next to a section that makes subs. You can't use EBT for the prepared subs but you can buy the meat and cheese from the deli counter with it. Then you can walk down a bit to the bakery, get the same bread they use. It's cheaper to do it this way anyway.
>>
>>7348733
Yeah I guess I shoulda clarified, it's possible to do that here too. You can't just buy some fried chicken and macaroni salad though, or anything that you just pop open the deli container and eat, only ingredients.
>>
>>7347100
If so it would be an interesting new approach to population control.
If you get enough though you can just sell your extra balance for more cash. It's not too hard to find people to go shopping with you for a 25% or so discount.
You just can't go doing stupid shit like posting that fact to Fagbook.
>>7348669
Gas stations everywhere get around that by cooking food for free if you want it, or at least leaving a microwave or three on the counter.
>>7348680
Did that shit get changed? I finally gave in and got some for a while in 2010 but I got $200/mo right away.
The woman even gave me a code or something so I didn't have to wait a few days on the card. (I mentioned I only had a few packs of ramen left to eat and couldn't dip into rent money.)
>>7348766
Again, gas stations everywhere don't give a fuck. The only difference it makes is it can't be hot and ready to eat the moment you make a purchase.
Nothing stopping them from selling a precooked meal that has been sitting in a fridge.
>>
>>7348795
>gas station microwaves
Okay sure, but that doesn't render the point invalid. That system still exists, it just means you have to use a bit of common sense to work around the system.
>>
>>7348795
Another tactic that comes to mind from >>7348801

My local Target has a grocery inside, but also a pizza hut built in near the front. They have some sandwiches and stuff there too at the pizza hut since some people want a quick bite but not necessarily pizza, but you can't buy it AT the pizza hut with an EBT card. However, if you just bring it to the regular Target checkout, it rings up as a food item from their grocery and there's no problem.
>>
DHS worker here. I handle SNAP, daycare, and some medical cases.

You don't need a registered address to get SNAP. What's keeping the majority of the homeless in my area from qualifying is the Able Bodied Adults Without Dependents policy. It's a work policy to qualify for SNAP that requires working a minimum of 20 hours/week. There are exemptions to this, such as: age (17 and younger or 50 and older), being a caretaker of a disabled person, having minor children on your SNAP case, working 30 hours/week, being pregnant, being physically or mentally unfit for work, or having recently applied for unemployment or be receiving it.

Address is no big deal. Worst case scenario, we'll use the DHS office address for mail. The Lifeline program requires an address though.
>>
File: 1357186155561.jpg (272 KB, 1440x768) Image search: [Google]
1357186155561.jpg
272 KB, 1440x768
>>7347100
get the fuck outta here Ghetto Capitalist god damn fruity ass fruitbowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCBJUw7z0ls
>>
>>7348871
>mid-late 20s
>live with my parents
>not disabled
>unemployed, haven't worked since before I was 20
>no kids or anyone to take care of
>have SNAP
are you bullshitting me, did I just get lucky, or is my office retarded?
>>
>>7348878
Nah, there's something called K months. K months are 3 free months in a 3 year period where you don't have to meet an exemption or work 20 hours. If you apply after the 1st, you'll get prorated benefits for that month, and your K months will be the next 3 months.

This policy didn't exist until Oct 2013 or so. Unfortunately, university students can't qualify for the free months as they have to meet student policy prior to ABAWD.
>>
>>7347178
You can buy hot dogs & all that other spic shit they peddle by the counter at 7-11. They have stickers all over the glass cases. I only buy coffee there now. Let the welfare queens pay their bills.
>>
>>7348923
I don't understand what you just said but I haven't worked for years while having EBT the whole time, and didn't work at all since even more years prior to that, but all year round they still accept it and give me my full amount anyways.
>>
mccuck manager here

we dont accept EBT at my location
>>
>>7349002
Weird. I know if you have bipolar disorder or some other chronic health disorder, you pretty much get SNAP for life as long as you meet income guidelines. I guess other states do it differently.
>>
>>7348733
I have bought subs with ebt at publix. I think you have to get only the ones that are premade in the case. My gf said people used to buy fucking wedding cakes with ebt.

Also op if you want alcohol you can do the redbull thing or if you really need a drink buy baking extracts. I think the orange and lemon ones are like 80%
>>
>>7347195
It's ebt cash benefits, different than food stamps
>>
If you can afford cigarettes and booze, you don't need EBT.
>>
Met a guy who's a manager at a grocery store in the ghetto
He tells me about how at the beginning of the month, a bunch of hood rats come in and buys a shit load of steaks and maxes out the ebt card in a single day
Social welfare budget is as high as our military spending, but it's out military spending that needs to be curbed!
>>
>>7349987
obama's chidrens gonna chidren
>>
>>7347105
>>7347106
You can't in Arizona. No hot food or prepared food. Also is it that hard to search these type of questions?

Source: I'm a poor student on ebt
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.