[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this good for hangovers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: pedialyte12n-1-web.jpg (53 KB, 970x970) Image search: [Google]
pedialyte12n-1-web.jpg
53 KB, 970x970
this good for hangovers?
>>
Yup
>>
>>7347053
>>7347054

Excellent, that settles that.
>>
>>7347051
Goodness gracious nothing like a bottle of pedialyte after weigh ins.
>>
>>7347051
Yes
>>
>>7347051
I have a friend that swears by it but you can just drink water instead of being a pleb.
>>
>>7347051
Best hangover remedy ever. Heard about it from a Dimebag interview years ago, and thought it seemed smart. Daved my ass a few times.
>>
>>7347074
drink it before you go to sleep or when you wake up?
>>
>oh wow, i get severely dehydrated after drinking alcohol
>if only i could keep hydrated while drinking alcohol

pour yourself a glass of water between pints you nonce
>>
File: heidecker.png (126 KB, 379x377) Image search: [Google]
heidecker.png
126 KB, 379x377
>>7347081
this ruins the buzz
>>
>>7347079

Better to drink it as soon as possible, but after you wake up is better than nothing.
>>
>>7347081
If I have a night of heavy drinking I just slam a ton of water before I pass out for bed.
>>
>>7347051
There's an even better secret the drinks industry doesn't want YOU to know

You ready?

It's called...

Moderation, you fuckwit.
>>
>>7347051
I swear by it after an old alcoholic boss told me his secret for somehow always working the next day. It's effective as shit, I get it every time I'm about to go on a bender, but get the clear, it's easier to chug.

>>7347117
Here's another secret: While moderation is important, sometimes letting loose is exactly what you need. This idea is called "fun", maybe give it a try after you pull that four foot steel rod out of your ass.
>>
File: shithawkdown.jpg (74 KB, 597x714) Image search: [Google]
shithawkdown.jpg
74 KB, 597x714
the friggin liquor rick
>>
>>7347051
It's not a panacea, but if one of your symptoms is a tingling in your extremities or a buzzing in your nervous system then it will replace minerals that you are in need of.
>>
>>7347129

>damaging my liver is fun

Have fun being an alcoholic.
>>
>>7347158
It's cute watching kids come on these boards trying to act like adults. I used to say the same thing, until I was like, 18. When you finally hit the legal drinking age wherever you are, give it a shot.
>>
>>7347193

It's cute watching immature adults try to defend their drinking habit.
>>
>>7347197
I agree, it is, when you find one with a habit, let me know. Until then, enjoy going to church and I hope you find the courage to ask that one girl to prom.
>>
>>7347216

And I hope you muster up the courage to put down that bottle someday. Might be able to add a few years to your already miserable life.
>>
>>7347051
>this good for hangovers?

Yes, it is. I bought a box of six dry mix Pedialyte tubes you mix with a quart of water, which is about half-strength. When I wake up to pee @ night, I make sure to drink about twelve gulps of that Pedialyte mix in water. Makes the landing the next morning MUCH SOFTER. Worth the money.
>>
>>7347219
>Might be able to add a few years to your already miserable life.

What's it like out there, beyond clueless?
>>
Well I suppose it would rehydrate you after drinking, so I guess it would help a little.
>>
>>7347219
Jesus I'm not that guy but how fucking insecure are you? I literally don't touch alcohol most of the time, but every once in a while I'll have some friends over and get wasted and, yeah, it's fun. Especially if work is particularly stressful at the time.
Getting drunk a few times a year =/= being a miserable alcoholic
>>
>it's an anon thinks hangovers are due to dehydration and you can just drink fluids to prevent/cure it pseudoscience episode

This is /ck/'s version of broscience.
>>
>>7347236
Nice I imagine, they say ignorance is bliss after all. It's a shame people like him have internet access to spread their stupid so easily.
>>
>>7347256
>lots of fluids the night before
>wake up and have more fluids followed by a big breakfast
Works for me tbhfam
>>
>>7347256

It's like ethanol doesn't make you piss more or something...
>>
More booze is the only thing that will always cure a hangover. Drink a couple shots, wait until you get a buzz, then chug water.

Right as rain.
>>
>>7347256
>good for hangovers means completely removing all traces of discomfort
>>
>>7347268
acetaldehyde causes most of the unpleasantness of a hangover, not dehydration.

look it up.
>>
>>7347277

>most

see

>>7347275
>>
>>7347277

Sure. But preventing the dehydration certainly helps.

>>7347275
Exactly.
>>
>>7347277
While accurate, you should also do the same. Everybody's advice to avoid or cure hangovers includes drinking water to re-hydrate, most people can manage the acetldehyde symptoms fine, but the dehydration is what really make the next day shit-tastic.
>>
>>7347081

no electrolytes in water
>>
>>7347051

Best thing for hangovers is kratom tea.
>>
>>7347403
Hello there, Bryan.
>>
>>7347356
Sure, something with electrolytes is better, but water is the real key.
>>
>>7347051
if you are severely dehydrated and were vomiting alot the night before than yes it will help alot.
>>
>>7347102
This.
You can't go wrong that way.
>>
is it differnet than gatorade

i keep orange gatorade powder around for when i get hanged over

bet it's cheaper too
>>
File: LyteShow_1_1024x1024.jpg (71 KB, 676x1024) Image search: [Google]
LyteShow_1_1024x1024.jpg
71 KB, 676x1024
pic related is godtier for hangovers. Just drink some while you're drinking and you'll be good the next morning.
>>
>>7347063
Wrestler in here? Im dying of a 16 pound cut rn, thought I'd tickle my pickle and browse ck before i weigh in tomorrow.
Pedialyte is a wrestlers best friend, and yes helps hangovers.
>>
>>7347899
I just looked that stuff up. It gets ridiculously good reviews. Is it really that good? Also, how many hangovers does one bottle of that stave off? Definitely thinking about buying that. Hungover now and I end up eating shit food and being wildly lazy the day after drinking. Would love to wake up and be productive after a night of drinking.
>>
>>7347893
More sodium, less sugar than gatorade

It's better, but it's a fair bit more expensive, and harder to find in bulk
>>
>>7347899
this is very interesting indeed, the thing I dont like about pedialyte is the sucralose and other bullshit
>>
>>7347863
You make it sound like you'll be fresh as a daisy. If you're over 25 and have been drinking far in excess of what is reasonable, you're still going to feel shitty. Dehydration isn't the only thing that goes wrong when you drink too much.

You'll be better off than you would have otherwise, though.
>>
>>7348009
there's 40 servings per bottle
>>
>>7347256
when you drink alcohol you lose about 4 times more water than you gain through urination. this causes your dehydrated organs to "steal" water from your brain causing it to shrink. this shrinkage pulls on the membranes that attach the brain to the lining of your skull which causes that terrible headache.
>>
>>7349592
also my go to cure is always

>pound a bunch of water before bed
>pound water when i wake up
>brush teeth
>shower
>cup of coffee, some tylenol, and more water

good to go every time.
>>
protip: take N Acetyl Cysteine before you pass out
>>
>>7349595

I'd replace that tylenol with ibuprofen.

Acetaminophen is fucking terrible for you. Shit should be banned.
>>
>>7349595
>>7349764
Dont use either of those things before or after drinking
>>
File: pepe420.png (212 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
pepe420.png
212 KB, 420x420
Try weed. Actually works fucking well.
>>
just drink until you throw up

wala no hangover
>>
I always pound water and I feel I always ask this same question:
Any cures for stomach hangovers? AKA gut rot? Cures not involving drinking more.
It's the only hangover I get, and the only thing that helps is more alcohol.
>>
>>7347051
You should try a bloody mary
>>
>>7349926
Tums or some tasty chalk
>>
>>7347051
i heard this can help you pass a drug test anybody know if the rumor is true
>>
>>7349808
this, honestly. I smoke quite a bit anyway, and drink much, much less than I used to, but whenever I wake up feeling a little hungover, I smoke a little weed and drink some gatorade...I know pedialyte is better, but also it's a little more expensive and the taste of gatorade seems to help too.
>>
File: giphy.gif (965 KB, 367x275) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
965 KB, 367x275
i posted that image drunk last night in the beer thread

it works. little to no hangover
>>
>>7348009
m8, just drink some lightly salted water, and a mouthful of nuts, cashews are best afaik.

lyteshow absolutely works, but you can get the same effects with a pinch of salt, some water, and a few nuts
>>
>>7352037
Will research, appreciate the tip.
>>
I used to drink gatoraid all the time for hangovers.

But we're talking those huge ones. When I realized how bad those were for you I stopped. Someone once mentioned Sprite, for whatever reason was used in a study and it helped hangovers. So I get a couple cans of sprite the day after.
>>
>>7352847
>Gatorade is bad
>Sprite isn't
K
>>
I've been a drunk/alcoholic for 10 years. with the past 5 years drinking at least 15 shots a day and the last 6 month 20-25 w/ the occasional 30.

I never got a hangover by using this very simple method.

Before I went to sleep, I chugged drank a 32oz gatorade and took 4 ibuprofen.
>>
>>7354629
RIP liver
>>
>>7354629
Don't advise other people to do this. Taking painkillers before you actually need them is just so stupid, especially when you're already full of booze.
>>
>>7347117
All things in moderation, including moderation
>>
The only thing that will fix your hangover is time.

You can lessen your hangover the night before by eating lots of protein with your drinks, but after the deed is done nothing will help you.
>>
>>7354918
that isn't true. just 420 blaze it, eat something, drink water and take a long shower. Its fun.
>>
>>7349592
You can not feel with your brain , shitknot! No touch sensing nerves there. ..

With lub from 4ussia Oleg
>>
>>7347907
Colorado wrestler here best thing to do is cut 3 days in advanced. Ex. Monday - drink shit ton of water Tues - half of that Wens - Little water Thur - No water and you're good to weigh in. Make sure you cut 3 days before the weigh in (Wensday).
>>
>>7354637

Ibuprofen has pretty much no liver toxicity (bad for your stomach lining though).

Doing with paracetamol/tylenol on the other hand would be a bad idea. No heavy drinker should ever have that poison in their house.
>>
File: 10SCENE-Penn-Madonna-blog427.jpg (48 KB, 427x535) Image search: [Google]
10SCENE-Penn-Madonna-blog427.jpg
48 KB, 427x535
>>7347081
Reminder that dehydration causes hangovers is a myth.
>>
My sister is in a sorority while going to nursing school. She swears by this shit.
>>
>>7356073
then why does drinking water between drinks help? is it just that it dilutes the alcohol?
>>
>>7356147
Because it dehydrates you. You're still hungover the next day though
>>
>>7356354
*hydrates, I meant
>>
>>7356354
much less though.
im pretty sure dehydration causes the nausea and headache after a night of drinking, staying hydrated prevents this and as a result the hangover isn't as severe
>>
>>7355640
>reading comprehension
Pulls on the membranes
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.