[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When's the last time you went to an Orange Julius? I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: crossroads-mall-okc-27.jpg (53 KB, 555x418) Image search: [Google]
crossroads-mall-okc-27.jpg
53 KB, 555x418
When's the last time you went to an Orange Julius?

I remember going there at the mall when I was a kid, it was a real treat. I haven't had it in probably 20 years or more, though. No memory of what it tastes like.
>>
funny julius prank call
>>
>>7346208

What?
>>
>>7346208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj3r7GYvK-Q
>>
>>7346203
It's beeeen...almost 10 years. There was one at the mall. It's still open but I don't live near there anymore. It's hard to fuck up ice cream
>>
>>7346203
They taste like a mix of ice blended with orange juice and a touch of orange sherbert and egg yolk, although the egg yolk is sublime.
>>
>>7346214
don't use 'sublime' with fast food in the same sentence like that
>>
Was never a fan of the eponymous Julius but I've got good memories of their chilli cheese dogs.
>>
Never. My local Dairy Queen began serving Orange Julius drinks at some point but I only go there to get a Blizzard.
>>
>tfw used to go to the mall with my father
>tfw he would by us refreshing Orange Julius everytime
>tfw I miss my father
>;_;
>>
File: 97ajulius2.jpg (17 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
97ajulius2.jpg
17 KB, 160x120
>>7346203

Anyone else remember the Sylvester Stallone SNL Orange Julius sketch?
>>
>>7346203

I've seen these things my whole life and I still have no idea what they serve.

What is a julius?
>>
These Wikipedia figures are a little wonky.

Number of locations: 5,700 (2008)

Number of employees: 2,362 (2008) (less than 1 person per store)
>>
All of the Dairy Queens in my area are co-branded Orange Julius stores.
>>
>>7346203
10 years ago. The time before that was probably 10 years as well. Guess I'm due for a visit now that I think about it.
>>
>>7346203
Ah....Orange Julius.
No trip to the mall was complete without one.

I grew up in a small town, about an hour and a half from the nearest major metro area. So, twice a year, mom and dad would take us into the city to shop for school clothes (once in the fall, for fall and winter clothes, and once in the spring, for spring and summer clothes). It would be a full day of intense shopping, and we'd always stop get Orange Julius during the shopping spree. Nice childhood memories. I'll always associate the smell of a mall with drinking an Orange Julius, even though both malls and OJs are disappearing.
>>
>>7346709
Same here. I get one every once in awhile, when I need that jolt of nostalgia really badly.
>>
>>7346709
>local dairyqueen renovates and builds an orange julius inside
>finally have access to julius without going to the mall across town
>local DQ/OJ gets boarded up and closed down almost immediately after
>>
>>7346574
Most are built into other places, like Dairy Queen. I'm assuming Dairy Queen employees who also serve Orange Julius are considered only Dairy Queen employees.
>>
>>7346214
they dont put egg in them anymore because of muh food safety paranoia
>>
>>7346574
Thats probably only corporate employees and maybe owners.
>>
LETS ALL HAVE ANOTHER ORANGE JULIUS

THICK SYRUP, STANDING IN LINES.
>>
File: o[1].jpg (148 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
o[1].jpg
148 KB, 750x1000
If you have a AM/PM near you, they have Orange Whip, which is extremely close to a Orange Julius in taste. Sometimes they get the mix wrong, with more powder than liquid, but overall quite good.

Also way cheaper than a real Orange Julius.
>>
They don't sell them in my country, but about eight years ago I read about them and looked up the recipe. It was alright, but also a bit sickly.

>>7346212
What a retarded overreaction.
>>
Never.

I'm not a disgusting fucking retarded amerifat though.
>>
>>7346203
Their strawberry banana smoothies were fucking great
>>
>>7348334
Fuck orange whip that horchata sounds intriguing.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.