[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Medium rare steak done properly. :^)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (555 KB, 1586x1174) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
555 KB, 1586x1174
Medium rare steak done properly.
:^)
>>
File: 1454657088637.gif (3 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
1454657088637.gif
3 MB, 500x207
>>7346166
>>
>>7346166
It needs at least three times the oil used in that pic. Also, bacon bits
>>
>>7346166
'browning the sides of a roast.jpg'
>>
File: birdmonument.jpg (186 KB, 720x753) Image search: [Google]
birdmonument.jpg
186 KB, 720x753
>>7346260
Yup. I'll be posting a cook-along this evening, this was the first step.
>>
>>7346166
Where is the milk and jelly beans?
>>
>>7346260

More like grey-ing the sides of a roast. The heat is far too low. See how the meat is cooked fairly far through the roast, yet the surface is barely even browned?
>>
>>7346298
You don't know how long it's going to be in there or how often it's getting turned, anon.
You should be less judgmental, you don't even know what he's cooking.
>>
>>7346305
>You don't know how long it's going to be in there or how often it's getting turned, anon.

You're right. I don't. But the ratio of browning on the surface compared to the thickness of the grey layer makes it pretty obvious that the pan is not hot enough for proper browning. I don't need to know what anon will be doing with it to determine that, it's obvious from the photo.

If anon didn't want comments about his food he/she shouldn't have posted it here. This is one of the most hostile forums in existence; I assure you that my comments are far milder than what is coming in the future.
>>
>>7346298
Oh it got seared plenty my friend.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.