[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've outgrown my shitty ikea frying pan and need something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I've outgrown my shitty ikea frying pan and need something better. Any suggestions?
>>
This!

Calphalon AccuCore Stainless Steel Skillet with Cover, 10-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007W1Y6OG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_2BeTwb1C70DEE
>>
>>7345624
Just get another affordable non-stick, cooking is 90% skill, 9% ingredients and 1% hardware
>>
>>7345624
>will buying a better paint brush make me a better artist?
>>
>>7345647
>What does "outgrown" mean?
>>
My first real pan purchase was an Analon, which I've taken care of for over a decade, and still use almost every day.

I also have stainless steel, cast iron, copper, and carbon steel, but a decent, mid range nonstick skillet is still an every day use item - you just need to take care of it a little.
>>
>>7345647
I'm not buying a $200 dollar snake oil pan, I just need something more reliable where the non stick won't peel off after two weeks.
>>
>>7345624

If you don't want non stick any more then there's all clad like that Cephalon or Demeyere.

Or alternatively carbon steel, like De Buyer. These can rust, need to treat them like cast iron (except far lighter).

Really though, non stick pans are extremely convenient.
>>
I use a Baccarat stainless steel for everything. Not the best, but good enough and affordable.

Since I threw out my last non stick a few years ago I haven't felt the need to replace it.
>>
>>7345665
You're probably doing sumting wong. The coating should last a long time if oh take care of your pan.
>>
>>7345665
tfal has a good nonstick for 25$ rated higher than an all clad by cools illustrated.

me, i use a anolon advanced 10 and 12 inch. if i had to have only one id go with the 12 since more versatile. im pretty happy with them been usong anolon advanced for 5 years.
>>
>>7345665
>I just need something more reliable where the non stick won't peel off after two weeks.

You're doing something wrong. I've had one of those Skanka pans for several years, and tit shows almost no wear. That line in general is pretty good.
>>
>>7345624

I'm not a great cook or anything but i have 3 of these pans 2, 12" and 1, 10". I have owned them for over a year and the non stick surface is still non stick and holding up well (dont use metal utensils in them). They have a thick bottom with a big stainless steel insert.

http://www.amazon.com/T-fal-Professional-Thermo-Spot-Indicator-10-25-Inch/dp/B000GWK2X2/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1454691690&sr=1-1&keywords=tfal+10
>>
My father bought me a set of these (same brand perhaps not the same package):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF7IN1E
and they've held up very well, no scratches even after I've caught my gf using a metal fork as a spatula with them

I mean you can't cook a paella in it but a set of three fairly cheap non-stick pans and an old cast iron has done me well for the past few years
>>
>>7345665
I've had multiple ikea pans for 2 years and the non stick is still going strong. Try not using metal utensils on it and don't scrub it with steel wool ya dingus.
>>
Lodge cast iron
>>
>>7345624
For nonstick, get something relatively inexpensive, be gentle with it, and be prepared to replace it after a few years. If you don't already have a stainless and cast iron pan, those would be good to get in addition to the non stick.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.