[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to eat healthier. I have a pregnant girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 1452056158569.jpg (31 KB, 843x590) Image search: [Google]
1452056158569.jpg
31 KB, 843x590
I'm trying to eat healthier. I have a pregnant girlfriend and I just want my family to eat right and I want to raise my kid healthy. I really want this, but I just can't seem to get ahead. I can't buy all of the ingredients or I don't even know what to make. Anyone know a good website that isn't fucking complicated. I just want simple recipes for simple healthy food.
>>
>>7345339
I'm guessing you're an uncultured American with no culinary tradition, so tell us about your food. What do you eat in a regular day? Do you have access to fresh produce and meat? Is your kitchen set up for cooking?
>>
File: 1443386239697.jpg (4 MB, 2825x4259) Image search: [Google]
1443386239697.jpg
4 MB, 2825x4259
>>7345339
desu, skip the recipes.

a meal needs to have 3 things.

you need some carb energy. mashed potatoes.
then you need supplemental protein. chicken.
finally, you need a portion equal to the two previous (read as half of you plate should be this) fiberous plant material. (kale).

you utilize the carbs, power up with the meat and the veggies are used to carry it and provide supplemental nutrients.

from there, its an idea of combining 2 or the 3, and creatively applying it to the third. or a mix with many small portions (think 5 to a plate, maybe more).

what ive been doing a lot recently is making a pot of rice to be used for the next few days. using the rice as a base, you can make a lot fo dishes, either as stir frys that you put on top of the rice, or dishes to be eaten alongside the rice.

kimchi has saved my lfie this past month. its good in that its easy on your body (the cabbage makes it go down well). and it can be supplemented with chicken, steak, other cold veggie dishes, greens, etc.

think less about recipes imo and more about what you have and use. build a base off these core ingredients, and eventually recipes come to you, and you can explore from there.
>>
>>7345376
Do you buy the kimchi?
>>
>>7345382
my roomates grandma makes big ole batches. it takes like a week, a load of cabbage and like a quart of liquid.
>>
>>7345339
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.