[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have some good recipes for strombolis and calzones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Calzones-small.jpg (1 MB, 2640x1980) Image search: [Google]
Calzones-small.jpg
1 MB, 2640x1980
Anyone have some good recipes for strombolis and calzones?
>>
fill your calzone with tomato sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella.

i know it's not traditional. but it's tasty af.

it's pizza, in pocket form!
>>
>make dough
>buy fillongs that are god for you but yummu too
>fill doug
>poke it
>backe it
Enjoy lmai.
>>
chicken, broccoli and feta is pretty nice. you use mozz as the cheese base and use LOTS of black pepper with the feta

buffalo chicken

italian sub calzone is nice and as a bonus keeps pretty well unrefridgerated

shredded curry chicken and mozz is fucking off the wall, my favorite invention
>chicken thighs
>curry seasoning
>cheat and use paste or lrn2vindaloo bitches
>onions
>crockpot or oven

fill dough with chicken and cheese

>wa la!
>>
Well this thread went nowhere.

OP, you're a fag. Anyone else into baked filled breads?

>inb4 meatbread
>>
My mom used to make these all the time with whatever leftovers she found in the fridge.
Usually rice and veggies or beans or chicken or something like that.
She'd roll the dough out, plop the leftovers down, roll it up, bake it, then we'd cover or dip it in some sort of red or alfredo sauce.
Good shit that made food last a little longer.
>>
Rice calzone? I can't tell if you're asian or mexican, but you're for sure poor as fuck
>>
>>7346550
Why not just throw that shit away? Seriously how poor are you to use old food that's been sitting in the fridge for days? Oh I better use this half cup of broccoli! We'll starve and go bankrupt if we don't! Better use this last 14 grains of rice I found!
I bet you also use the ends of the bread too. Cause the .073ยข per slice is just too fucking expensive to just buy a new loaf dedicated to bread crumbs.
You also use the outer layer of onions for writing your grocery list on?
Bet you snip around the toilet paper that has shit on it and put the "clean" snippings away for later.
Probably you rinse and wash the ziplock bags after you use them, good for until they split and spill your ten day old curry all over you, right?
Probably clean the old spaghetti noodles off to use for later and dump your tea back into the pitcher to save it.
God Damn I bet you even manage to save the shit that's on everyone's plate after they finish eating. Scrape that pasta sauce back into the jar. Puree the potato peels and use them in lasagna.
Christ, man. Probably use the freeze burnt peas that are in the back of your freezer.
>>
>>7346587
>>7346616

Wasting food is a sin no matter how much money you have.

You get no respect for thinking this way
>>
>>7346616
>>7346587
Why do middle class flyoverss think avoiding and wasting certain food makes them higher class of person? The insecurity is palpable
>>
>>7346616
>the ends of the bread

>1882+134
>throwing away the best part of a loaf of bread

well, enjoy the pleb life.
>>
>>7346616
>You also use the outer layer of onions for writing your grocery list on?

hehehehehe
>>
>>7346616
Just admit to yourself that you can't be bothered to keep track of what's in your fridge and you're too much of a pussy to deal with leftovers. It's a character flaw, like being a glutton or a libertine. You can try to mask the shamefulness with claims of class based entitlement, but that doesn't change what you are - a callously wasteful person. And whether or not you choose to believe it you'll find most folks have nothing but negative judgment toward your kind.
>>
>>7346840

I actually use them to make dye and ink, so in a way, yes. Also save walnut and pecan shells
>>
File: 1448582721744.jpg (149 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
1448582721744.jpg
149 KB, 722x525
>>7346616
>>
>>7346787
>>7346827

I bet you retards also dumpster dive for "perfectly good produce"
>>
So just for the curious flyover/trailer trash lurking, I just crumbled up two left over turkey burgers, a 1.2 cup of green beans and 1/2 cup of rice, some wilting bellpeppers and a half a chopped onion in to a skillet with some butter, herbs and spices and will be enjoying a beautiful hunter's stew in about 20 minutes. the chicken smells amazing
>and it's all from leftovers/scraps

so yeah, if you waste food you're a pleb or a scumbag, but you're also missing out on a ton of good eats.
>>
>>7348772
>the chicken smells amazing

the KITCHEN smells amazing as it were
>>
File: 1449179263080.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449179263080.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Make pic related, but before throwing it in the oven fold it in half and brush the crust with egg wash to seal it together.
>>
>>7346872
>Just admit to yourself that you can't blah blah blah

How much of your life have you wasted on 4chan and off of 4chan not doing that thing you wanted to do

>And whether or not you choose to blah blah blah

The only person that cared was this autist on /ck/

Mods please ban my fucking ass for life so I never come to this shithole again
>>
>>7348805

that looks like an alien womb pod being fertilized wtf is it
>>
>>7348855

Leaked image from a calzone autopsy video.
>>
File: 1451266618805.jpg (271 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451266618805.jpg
271 KB, 1280x720
>>7348805
>>
File: 0206160043.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
0206160043.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
>>7348775
>>7348772
>pic related
>leftover stew
>>
I just ate a calzone from my favorite pizza place, and they make godly calzones. IDK what they're particular seasoning blend is, but the sauce they use is slightly spicy, and they fill it with both ricotta and mozzarella cheese, plus your choice of fillings. Then, after it's all folded, they brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle it with mixed herbs. Fucking delicious.......
>>
>>7345193
Too many calories
>>
>>7346616
>Probably you rinse and wash the ziplock bags after you use them, good for until they split and spill your ten day old curry all over you, right?

My roommate does this and it is absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
Make your favorite pizza and fold it in half.
>>
>>7345233
I never thought of broccoli for one before but that first one sounds amazing as I love broccoli. Thank you for the idea, Anon.
>>
File: 0206160958.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
0206160958.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
>>7348902

so last night I ran out of space in the fridge so this is where my hunters stew ended up. still pretty great this am
>>
>>7349947
One nice part about living where it's fucking cold all the time.

>tfw opening the window and grabbing a beer out of the snow
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.