[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one properly toast a sandwich? I tried the other day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: sub-sandwich.jpg (16 KB, 350x160) Image search: [Google]
sub-sandwich.jpg
16 KB, 350x160
How does one properly toast a sandwich? I tried the other day on the stove, as I've seen others do, put it on medium heat...had a roll, both sides on the skillet one side with condiments the other with meat and cheese

The rolls got nice and toasty, but everything else just got slightly warm, no meltyness as I see other people get.....so how do you do it the right way?
>>
>>7344539
You put the bread under the broiler (low, not high unless you're constantly watching it) to toast the bread. I like to slice it in half first and face the inside upwards. Also you can add cheese first.

Heat the meat and other shit in a skillet or something until it's as hot as you want it, then use tongs to transfer the food to the toasted bread?
>>
>>7344561
I was thinking maybe the problem was I put meat and cheese on the same side, maybe if I put the meat on one and cheese on the other alone
>>
Toaster oven at 345 with convection on for 10 minutes. Fucking perfect every time.
>>
You should have your sandwich toasted by the talented people at Subway. Any other way is much too dangerous.
>>
>>7344581
Two halves or fully constructed?
>>
>>7344539
If you want melty cheesy toast on a stovetop, you should put the bread with stuff on it on very low heat and cover it.

Wait a few minutes (depending on how much stuff you want to melt), then lift the cover to check for meltiness. Once it's melted to your liking, lift the bread to see how toasted it is. If it's not toasted enough, turn up the heat without covering.
>>
File: 20160204_203418.jpg (832 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160204_203418.jpg
832 KB, 2560x1536
Only starting to get warm/soft
>>
File: 20160204_203653.jpg (912 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160204_203653.jpg
912 KB, 2560x1536
>>7344745
Finished, obviously you can see what the problem is the bread cooks too fast
>>
>>7344588
Those kid touchers? How are they still in business
>>
>>7344754

>obviously you can see what the problem is the bread cooks too fast

I'm cracking up right now, anon.

It's not that the bread cooks too fast, it's that you had the heat up too high and burnt it.
>>
>>7344818
>it's that you had the heat up too high and burnt it.

It was only on 2!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.