[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Neotame bad for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Neotame.png (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Neotame.png
13 KB, 300x300
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but can somebody tell me whether Neotame is bad for you and source the clame to something reasonable?

The internet appears to be full of a massive circlejerk anti-neotame bandwagon quoting the same nonsensical article the science of which can be debunked with basic high school chemistry, but I dont want to trust this fucker without proof just because people warring against it are wrong.

Pls halp
>>
It's bad
>>
It's good
>>
what is it
>>
>>7344383
Whats neotame?
>>
>>7344391
On a scale from 7-10, how american are you?
>>
>>7344399
A heat resistant version of aspartame.

In theory, because it cant be metabolised by humans due to not disolving in temperatures slightly above room temperature, it simply passes through your body and doesnt do anything bad to you.

But an angry army of americans is concerned because it s made of ingredients that are highly reactive, which of course they are, otherwise they wouldnt react and make the thing in the first place.

Somebody needs to tell these people that soap contains sodium hydroxide. They will go nuts and never shower again.
>>
Wiki: "Neotame is an artificial sweetener made by NutraSweet that is between 7,000 and 13,000 times sweeter than sucrose (table sugar). It is moderately heat-stable, extremely potent, rapidly metabolized, completely eliminated, and does not appear to accumulate in the body."

OP, the FDA and equivalent regulatory bodies in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, as well as consumer group CSPI, reviewed all available evidence and approved it as safe for human consumption. That doesn't mean they're right, and many people are sure that approved consumption levels kill people, but any opinions you're going to get from /ck/ or from conspiracy websites are going to be less informed than the opinions you get from those organizations, so why bother asking here?
>>
>>7344460
I was probably wrong to post this here.

Trying my luck in science. But nevertheless, if anybody here happens to know anything, I d appreciate it.

I am literally addicted to a local produced lemonade that contains the stuff. I have drunk literally thousands of liters and I want to know...
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.