[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like Spaghetti Carbonara? This is my personal favorit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: 85136[1].jpg (168 KB, 640x408) Image search: [Google]
85136[1].jpg
168 KB, 640x408
Do you like Spaghetti Carbonara? This is my personal favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeGQ9jl0wJg
>>
>>7343895

original italian carbonara do not include any sort of cream. Its just the raw egg thrown on it at the end which makes it carbonara, also the pan fried pork dices ( you could call it bacon almost ). However, the french put creme fraiche on it, even onions ( pan fried ) and cheese on top of it plus the raw egg and everything, carbonara means to a french guy "put a shitload of stuff on this pasta, i'm hungry af". Americans and brits put shitloads of whip cream on it, and bacon. The pasta swims in cream, the perfect recipy for when you cook drunk and need fat, or for a hangover. So which carbonara are you talking about ?
>>
>>7343895
I prefer Chicken Tetrazzini with bowties instead of long noodles
>>
>>7343895

That's some really nice 'nara OP, I'd substitute the cream cheese with mayo though - more authentic that way. Also I like to add hardboiled eggs lightly peppered to perfection.
>>
but was that authentic kraft garlic powder, or Kraft frozen peas? was it even served in a kraft bowl and eaten with a kraft fork? these are important things that go toward a truly authentic kraft philly carbonara
>>
>>7344322

lol idiot, real carbonare is made with smoked applewood bacon and white stuff, btw carbon' wasn't invented in france douchetard, it was invented by Jeffrey Dahmer.
>>
This is definitely an advertisement. Holy fuck that looks pleb
>>
>>7344587
Looks pretty good tbqh
>>
>>7344477
>"Mayo"
WHAT ?
>>
>>7344477
>hardboiled eggs

quartered and seasoned 4 ways, right?
>>
>>7343895
i don't think she's doin it right.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7343895
just try to make that OP but the instructions were unclear.
ended up with this
>>
>>7344322
>muh authentic garbonara
Literally, LITERALLY denying yourself better food because "it's not right". Fucking autism.
>>
I like authentic, traditional carbonara. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWWHQItzY_g

The carrier noodle is key.
>>
>>7346024

He didn't say he wouldn't eat it. He asked which version anon was talking about. Pointing out that something is inauthentic has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not someone would eat it or not.

For example, General Tso's Chicken is certainly not authentic Chinese. It's still tasty as fuck though.
>>
Carbonara with cream is fucking easy but adds needless calories.

I only use egg, cheese and bacon for mine. Get the temperature right and it's just as creamy.
>>
>>7347088
>muh raw eggs
He basically made scrambled eggs with noodles. That's not carbonara.
>>
File: 1818481558.png (45 KB, 642x1083) Image search: [Google]
1818481558.png
45 KB, 642x1083
>>
>>7343895
why not just make fettuccine alfredo? Tastes much better desu famalam
>>
>>7343895
she seems so secure, closed to criticism, and so stubborn, like an evil dictator.
>>
>>7347123

Well aren't you a special little snowflake...
>>
>>7343895
No fuck you, I buy publix brand cream cheese.
>>
>>7343895
I know your meming but seriously, why do they make videos like this? This is like an ad from the 70s, do housewives still fall for blatant shilling??
>>
>>7346024
Why would diluting something as flavourful as egg with something as bland as cream make it better?
>>
N A R A
A
R
A
>>
>>7347265

If your cream is bland then there's something very wrong.
>>
Let me help you fucking retards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs

You're welcome, now stop making threads about this.
>>
>>7347272
¢@®80√@®@
>>
>>7347310

>mexican making 'nara

Fuck right off with thay shit you retard... Stupid mexican can't even afford bacon and didn't even break his macaroni noodles in half. Also adding raw eggs to your noodle - might as well eat the egg right out of the roosters ass.
>>
>Put on any pasta you want to cook

>Fry Bacon, Mushrooms and Onions together

>Add Sour Cream (as much as you like, from lightly coated to swimming, I like swimming)
>Mix in pasta
>Dish it out
>Top with Parmesan

Your welcome.
>>
Most creamiest carbonarra ever:

>Pasta (I like fettuccini, use what you like, fuck it)
>bacon (panchetta, guanchalle, no one cares) cut into small pieces
>black pepper fresh ground
>cream/milk/half and half, use what you got (fuck authenticity)
>black pepper fresh ground
>flour
>parm/pecker in whatever mix you want shredded
>1-2 egg yolks per bowl

1. Toss pork with black pepper. Prepare water for boiling pasta.
2. Cook pork till crisp and lots of fat has rendered. take a handful of flour, mix with pork fat to make a roux, pour in about a cup of dairy, maybe more, you want the liquid to thicken at some point you want enough to coat the pasta...speaking of which...
3. Cook pasta till Al dente, maybe a bit under.
Drain, save some pasta water in case it is needed to thin out sauce.
4. Toss pasta in cream goo.
5. Place pasta into warm bowls, make well in center of pasta and, depending on how eggy you want the pasta, place 1-2 raw egg yolks onto it. Cover egg yolks with cheese.

To eat: stab the fuck out of the egg yolks, mix into the pasta. Cum.

Pic related.
>>
>>7349199
jesus christ that is way too much cheese
>>
>>7344577
>>7346024
>>7347113

I have to admit, when I answered the OP, i did it genuinely, because i didnt know authentic carbonaras was a meme here. I didnt mean to teach anyone whats authentic carbonaras since wikipedia exists, nor do I judge carbonaras because of their race or sexual preferencies. and yes, this place is full of autists.
>>
File: carbonara.png (47 KB, 996x207) Image search: [Google]
carbonara.png
47 KB, 996x207
>>7344322
Required reading for every carbonara thread.
>>
>>7349556
>i didnt know authentic carbonaras was a meme here

Liar
>>
>>7350968
what the fuck is wrong with that screenshot? what is that font?
>>
>>7347395

Are you...
by any chance...
retarded?
>>
>>7349523
pussy.
>>
>>7343895
i like the one with raw egg no cream, it just tastes better in my opinion.
>>
>>7347310
I'm italian and I approve this
>>
>>7351081
burichan

idiot
>>
>>7352048
of corse
>>
>>7343895
All trolling aside, this is probably as close to authentic carbonara as people will get.
The whole egg bullshit is a recent thing.
Wouldeat/10
>>
File: l196049890.jpg (33 KB, 550x362) Image search: [Google]
l196049890.jpg
33 KB, 550x362
go to google images and tell me honestly which Carbonarra looks the best to you. First 3-4 sides.
>>
>>7343895
The woman in this video sounds like she is incredibly depressed but trying to be okay.

Her words carry a subtext of ennuio
>>
>>7343895
what brand sauce do you guys use?
>>
>>7346024
>better food
Nostalgia and tradition is a large part of how our taste is developed. Traditional is better for many people
>>
>>7350968
>i like to pull shit out of my ass - the screencap
As an amerifat, you make me hate amerifats
>>
>>7355634
I'm French ;)
>>
>>7349199
I like the idea but the addition on a roux on top of one to two yolks sound a bit too thick
>>
>>7355929
Mashallah , brother
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.