[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knorr chicken stock pot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Knorr001[1].jpg (160 KB, 1024x605) Image search: [Google]
Knorr001[1].jpg
160 KB, 1024x605
Knorr chicken stock pot.
>>
Does he really use those? Does he truly endorse them or did he just really need money?
>>
>>7343790
/Thread
>>
>>7343793
Maybe in his home cooking?

Serious question though; how good are these expensive jelly stock cubes?

The cubes taste like shit, the liquid ones aren't any better.
>>
>>7343799
They make your pastas taste better, than salt.

You should try it.
>>
>>7343799
>liquid cubes
Tell me more.
>>
>>7343790
no thank you, I use low-sodium stock cubes
>>
meme chef shills meme cubes
>>
>>7343811

The cubes aren't liquid, sorry.

In the UK over the past couple of years its become possible to buy bags of 'fresh' stock - initially in the high-end supermarkets, but now the lower end ones are selling them too. In my experience they don't taste much better than the cubes.

>>7343808
That's the problem with these stocks though, it's just salt and MSG.
>>
>>7343793
Marco's older vids:
>When I make pasta I put it into boiling water, some people splash olive oil in there but I don't really bother.

Marco's newer vids:
>Splashes the fuck out of the boiling pasta water with olive oil after administering a knorr stock pot.

There is some inconsistency with him, whether it started as him thinking "fuck this company I'm gonna make shitty videos that i would never use the recipe from" or he slowly became that way over time. Alternatively it could be that he started with the shitty recipes and is now doing his best because Knorr Is basically feedin him and his chilluns.
>>
>>7343831

It's not just the taste that's the issue, it's also the texture. One of the most important things about homemade stock is the gelatin it contains. It gives a lovely texture to your soups, sauces, stews, etc. You don't get that from cubes, "stock pots", or the bags/cans/cartons of "stock" at the supermarket.
>>
I really enjoy some of his recipes, especially this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao9Oi1HPbSk
>>
>>7343811
jelly is not a liquid. it does not flow. look up Jello cubes, you ignorant piece of shit
>>
>>7343856

You know what he meant, foolio.
>>
>>7343856
Yes it does. Let jelly sit for long enough and it will become a puddle
>>
I love to season my water with Knorr® Chicken Stock Pot™

You may ask, "Why do I season my water with Knorr® Chicken Stock Pot™ and not salt?", the reason why is because Knorr® Chicken Stock Pot™ makes your pastas taste better, than salt.

You should try it.

If it's good enough for Marco-Pierre White. It's good enough for me.

Buy Knorr® Chicken Stock Pot™
>>
what the fuck is he saying here? He claims smells wastes the food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coijxUXl1tA&feature=youtu.be&t=3m16s
>>
>>7343869
thats called melting you imbecile
>>
>>7344132
No it isn't
>>
>>7344132

It's only melting if there is heat involved.
>>
>>7343799
they're pretty decent IMO. not salty as all fuck like powdered stock, and decent thickener too. i use two when making a pot of beef stew, and one when making bolg
>>
>>7344132
If it melts in room temperature it should stay it's consistency in a freezer
Go ahead, put a jellycube in a freezer and see if it's still the same after 2 hours
>>
>>7345829

> If it melts in room temperature it should stay it's consistency in a freezer

by what logic
>>
>>7345914
If it's a solid it should stay a solid in temperatures under it's melting point and should keep a constant viscosity.
If jelly is a solid and not a liquid with high viscosity, it should stay exactly the same up until near absolute zero.
Which it ofcourse fucking doesn't since it's a fucking liquid until frozen.
>>
>>7343838

despite the fact that they contain gelatin
>>
>>7344103

he advocates trapping the evaporated moisture from the chicken by wrapping it as it rests.

smells are just small particles in the air. if you trap that air, it stands to reason that you trap the smell, and he suggests that it condenses back into flavourful juices.
>>
>>7343790

how long do you want to go on about you fucking retard?

and why isn't shit deleted already for repeated boring lame ass trolling?
>>
Nothing wrong with Knorr.
>>
>>7343790
How come my supermarket doesn't have a broth aisle?
>>
>>7346135

Nowhere near enough. Pick up a container of store-bought "stock" and shake it. It's nearly as runny as water is. By comparison, proper stock will be viscous at the minimum, or ideally close to "jell-o" in texture. The small forms of "stock", like bullion cubes or the knorr stock pots simply aren't even large enough to contain sufficient gelatin. They could be 100% gelatin (zero flavor) and it's still not enough.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.