[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about matcha? I've recently started drinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1423864672625.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1423864672625.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
Can we talk about matcha?

I've recently started drinking this regularly after deciding to buy a bag of it off Amazon. So far, it's been great. Creamy, nice smell, and froths quite easily. I've replaced my morning cup of coffee with matcha since it's far quicker to make, requires no tools, plus has the same amount of caffeine without any chance of bitterness.
>>
>>7343534
You can still get bitter matcha if you don't drink it immediately. The bamboo whisk thinger makes the traditional tasty froth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0idflAic4
>>
>>7343534
>requires no tools

you're doing it wrong anon
>>
>>7343666
I don't really count a wisk as a tool. Rinse it and put it back on the hanger.
>>
What was this one post I read here about, that Macha was bad for your brains/brain stem
>>
>>7343723
Seems like you already got some problems with yours.
>>
>>7343668
I don't really count a hammer as a tool. Hammer some nails and put it back in the toolbox.
>>
>>7343729
Learn to communicate like a civilized human first
>>
>>7343767

The only thing that needs civilizing around here is you, basement boy.

Take a shower and stop being such an anti-social computer goblin.
>>
>>7343729
>i drink matcha and i don't want to hear anything bad about it
>>
>>7343809
It's fucking mashed up tea leaves.
>>
File: o.jpg (113 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
113 KB, 1000x750
can you guys recommend a brand? I'd like to not only make tea but also try and make some green confections. Can I use the same powder for both? ty
>>
>>7343723
Sounds like the idea that camellia sinesis absorbs a lot of natural fluoride so your pineal gland in the brain gets affected.
>>
>>7345746
Ceremonial grade is better for drinking, but it's expensive. Cooking grade is fine for cooking, as the name suggests, but it's not as nice for drinking. However, it's cheaper.
Go for whichever one your wallet can stand.
>>
>>7345760
>pineal gland
i'm too woke to drink this shit
>>
File: stilinberlin-sasaya-7-905x603.jpg (154 KB, 905x603) Image search: [Google]
stilinberlin-sasaya-7-905x603.jpg
154 KB, 905x603
>>7343534
>>7343591
Matcha is supposed to be bitter you dinguses, that's why it's usually served with sweets on the side.
>>
File: 抹茶ラテ.jpg (68 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
抹茶ラテ.jpg
68 KB, 650x488
matcha latte
matcha and hot milk and suger as you desired
sweet n better! ^o^
>>
*bitter
>>
>>7343534
Is it normal to drink it without sugar? Or will it be too bitter? Dont really like sweet drinks especially creamy ones
>>
>>7346334
Never put sugar in green tea. Ever.
>>
I use it for cooking mostly. My sauce for cold noodles: Matcha, Dashi powder and Linseed oil and sometimes a raw egg yolk. The Linseed is very important because of the intense flavour.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.