[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest Tea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Honest Tea.jpg (99 KB, 970x959) Image search: [Google]
Honest Tea.jpg
99 KB, 970x959
What is /ck/ opinion on honest tea?

Whats your favorite flavor?

Is it "fake tea?"

Look forward to hearing your response!
>>
>drinking sugar
>>
File: Honest Tea Nutrition Facts.gif (9 KB, 360x451) Image search: [Google]
Honest Tea Nutrition Facts.gif
9 KB, 360x451
>>7342886
True, but what is the sugar content in authentic tea compared to Honest tea?
>>
>>7342892
That's the one i like. The honey green
>>
One bottle costs the same as 100 tea bags
>>
>>7342905
How much do you get 100 tea bags for anon?
>>
>>7342892
Tea and coffee have no sugar, nor calories
>>
>>7342916
Ahh.. Very true.. but do you drink your tea without sweetening
>>
>>7342929
A tsp of sugar is about 4 grams
>>
>>7342932
So it all depends on the human I guess
>>
>>7342929
of course I do, maybe squeeze some lemon juice in it.
>>
>>7342961
Honestly someone should post a thread to educate stupid Americans (like me) about tea
>>
>>7342929
Yes. Plain is best
>>
>>7342972
And are there other ways to make tea without using tea bags?
>>
File: Avon glass tea pot_thumb[5].jpg (47 KB, 471x493) Image search: [Google]
Avon glass tea pot_thumb[5].jpg
47 KB, 471x493
>>7342978

Sure. You could use a French Press, an infuser like a tea ball, or one of those teapots with a built-in "basket" for tea leaves like pic related.
>>
>>7342970

A lot of teas get an awful taste if put into boiling water, that's the most important thing I learned about tea. Green tea for example gets all bitter if put it into boiling water. So what you have to do is cook the water and brew your tea with steamy, not boiling water. If you use herbs just put the heat on low once it steams and put the herbs into the pot and wait 5-10 minutes. If you use a bag just pour the steamy water into a glass. Then you can let it cool off a bit and enjoy your tea.

I highly suggest to not sweaten your tea and try lemon juice instead, it's much healthier but if you really enjoy sweat tea you should try honey instead!

Don't be scared to buy herbs instead of bags, they taste much better. Where I live you can buy a bunch of peppermint for a dollar (but green tea is very expensive).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.