[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gruyere Cheese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: lagruyere_legruyereaoc[1].jpg (88 KB, 488x307) Image search: [Google]
lagruyere_legruyereaoc[1].jpg
88 KB, 488x307
Is this stuff really worth the cost for use in Mac and Cheese?

I can only find it for $9 for an 8oz block.
>>
>le gruyere
>le
BACK 2 L'EDDIT
>>
what's wrong with Velveeta?
>>
>>7342131
Yes, OP, IMO it is worth it. Even more than in mac and cheese, though, Gruyere is essential for a great (not just good, but great) quiche AND great french onion soup. It's flavor, plus it's melt factor turns dishes like mac and cheese, quiche, french onion soup, and even a grilled cheese up a few notches to greatness. Try and find French gruyere if you can, but swiss is good too. For macaroni and cheese, I like to use a combination of cheeses. I usually do 1/2 gruyere, 1/4 cheddar, and 1/4 italian fontina, and then add some parmesan to the top.
>>
>>7342261
Gruyere is AOP protected and is only from Switzerland. If its produced in France its not Gruyere.

>>7342148
Thats literally what its called, dumbfuck.
>>
>>7342276
AOP is the most retarded shit, I mean jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>7342276
Who fucking cares, the French make it better.
>muh cultural food appropriation
Fuck ooooooooooffffffff............
>>
>>7342296
It might be similar and it may very well be better but its not gruyere

>muh cultural food appropriation

Never said that but you can't call something something it isn't. You wouldn't call a Canadian Lobster a Maine Lobster nor would you call a blue point oyster a wellfleet oyster.
>>
>>7342321
I see you typing, but all I read is "blah blah blah". There's no need to turn OP's thread into a battle over fucking cheese appellations. You said your peace, I said mine, let it go.
>>
>>7342276
The French stole it from Reddit
>>
>>7342321
Yeah, and you wouldn't call your mother a respectable woman.
I like my champagne to come from new jersey with a screw cap, thank you very much
>>
>>7342321
>... You wouldn't call a Canadian Lobster a Maine Lobster nor would you call a blue point oyster a wellfleet oyster.

Actually, marketers often do call Canadian lobsters "Maine lobsters", as that's an accepted name for the species (along with American lobster), not an indication of its origin. And in an additional twist, some lobster caught in Maine is referred to as "Maine lobster from Canada", because you can't sell adulterated (chopped/frozen/etc) Maine lobsters in Maine if they're listed as caught in Maine, so companies ship them from Maine to Canada for adulteration, relabeling, and import back to Maine as a "product of Canada".
>>
Gruyere is my fav. No exception. With everything.
Do they really sell this exact brand in the us? Neat.
>>
>>7342131
>not even the best swiss alpine cheese
It's a top level meme, even the french fell for it.
>>
>>7342131
Tastes like poo to be honest

Eat a non meme cheese like white cheddar or red cheddar
>>
>>7342131
no, its overly salty meme cheese that adds little to no flavor in mac & cheese
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.