[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of you cooks? (Dur)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: Obama Cooking Oil Meme.jpg (39 KB, 400x598) Image search: [Google]
Obama Cooking Oil Meme.jpg
39 KB, 400x598
>At major chains

>At Small Restraunts

{Share your stories!}
>>
>>7340539
i manage an entire grill on friday+saturday nights outside a tacoshop
>>
File: 1448349314751.gif (2 MB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
1448349314751.gif
2 MB, 400x265
Dads chef for local restaurant. I work under him and in another kitchen. Catering gigs with dad are tight. 8+ years of service work
>>
>>7340609
What an idiot
>>
File: 1453555165786.jpg (57 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
1453555165786.jpg
57 KB, 449x442
>>7340539
>trained in culinary school for 3 years
>decent chef with a natural knack for things
>too much of a bitch to apply for jobs
>>
File: sup2.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
sup2.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
>be culinarily literate
>getting knives sharpened
>guy says he'll show me some of their japanese knives
>whynot.jpg
>gets out a big cutting board, a bowl of tomato wedges, and a 9" knife
>hands it to me
>cut up a few tomatos
>cool, the knife is pretty slick
>time to pay for my sharpening
>paying
>so... you work at a restaurant?
>nah just cook at home
>cool

guess my knife skills are on point
>>
>>7340539
Worked at Little Ceasers for 3 months. It was the worst managed place ever. I was the best worker there within like a month. No one did there jobs and manager just got stepped all over by everyone. Absolutely no hygiene control. It was actually kind of fun though because because we could pretty much do whatever we want and I could call in sick any day. I kind of miss it now.
>>
File: received_10153590486032326.jpg (100 KB, 816x1280) Image search: [Google]
received_10153590486032326.jpg
100 KB, 816x1280
I was working at a pub until I got fired for drinking on the job a could months ago. I started as a dishwasher and they had me cooking in a couple weeks when they realized I wasn't a retard, and it wasn't long before I was one of the top cooks and training retards who were in and out in under a week. The chef was a super cool guy, sous was lazy and got angry over retarded shit and was afraid to cook eggs lol. Bartenders would often save mispours for me once the kitchen was closed and then get mad cuz I'd awlays drive home. Best part was making custom staff meals and getting to be creative with a shit ton of fresh ingredients at your disposal, and then having servers ask for that same salad or wrap or burger that you made just for them. I want to get another cooking job but right now I'm depressed and anxious and I drink too much so I'm nervous about going back to work.
>>
>>7340832
You sound like a complete fucking nut case. Please stay at home and don't ever try to enter public again.

Consider suicide.
>>
>>7340736
either that or

>so... you work at a restaurant?
>nah just cook at home
>cool
> In head: thank fuck for that
>>
>>7340869

>Consider suicide.

I do, fairly often. Thanks for the suggestion
>>
File: 1454503879649.jpg (83 KB, 850x782) Image search: [Google]
1454503879649.jpg
83 KB, 850x782
I'm a ramen cook at a little family owned shop. People are nice to me there and it was my favorite restuarant before I started working too. Im pretty happy with it.

My culinary school knowledge is basically useless there though.
>>
>>7341041
>it was my favorite restuarant before I started working too

What made you turn on it?
>>
>>7341173
Nothing lol. Its just now I eat the food there all the time so I'm more used to it if that makes sense.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.