[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone tell me if this recipe is any good and if it woul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: IguanasTacos.jpg (3 MB, 2000x1168) Image search: [Google]
IguanasTacos.jpg
3 MB, 2000x1168
Can anyone tell me if this recipe is any good and if it would be good for tacos?

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/barbacoa-recipe/

Britfag here so this is a recipe I can actually get all the ingredients for
>>
It sounds good to me. I would definitely sear it first, as that's the closest you'll get to the char that barbacoa usually has. By tacos, do you mean hard corn shell? I think this would go down better as a burrito, but to each their own.
>>
>>7338987
britfag here too lad, where are you getting your soft corn tortillas from?
>>
>>7339001
Nah soft tortillas. I was already making fish tacos but I'm feeding more people now so thought I'd set up a taco bar type thing and people can help themselves to what they want

>>7339003
I'll probably just go with flour tortillas as the corn ones in the supermarket don't tend to be great. (unless there's some way to improve them?) I've been meaning to get some masa harina online to make my own but there's things I need more than a tortilla press right now.
>>
>>7339014
>corn ones in the supermarket don't tend to be great
yeah i've never found good corn ones over here. hate how behind with mexican food we are tbph
>>
>>7338987
Yes, Mexicans use a variety of other chilies but I doubt you can get them there. Crispy barbacoa tacos are very popular in Mexico you can fry them with some oil and barbacoa jucies like in this video (11:32) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAnc7aawgdM It’s almost like a hard shell but better. Also you can eat the barbacoa in a baguette, its super popular too.
>>
>>7339025
It's annoying. I don't see why no one's taking advantage. I've been to one restaurant in London that does proper Mexican food but that's it
>>
File: Marco-Pierre-White-Picture-04.jpg (301 KB, 960x550) Image search: [Google]
Marco-Pierre-White-Picture-04.jpg
301 KB, 960x550
>blonde
>white
>thin
>female

Do try killing yourself
>>
>>7338987
>>7339014
Mexican cook here.
the recipe is all right, although I rather to add the spicy flavor through a nice salsa than directly through the meat, but depends on preference. I recommend you also add some cow tongue bits. tongue is soft, lean and god tier on barbacoa.

you can replace a tortilla press by covering any flat surface (a cutting board, a flat dish, the bottom of a pan, etc.) with plastic wrap and pressing a ball of tortilla masa in the counter (also covered with plastic)

although flour tortillas also go nicely with barbacoa, good luck OP
>>
>>7339108
yeah there's cantina laredo which is pretty good but permanently rammed, and after that it's just wahaca which people write good things about but i don't actually rate, or some random burrito cafe type places. we're just shit at mexican.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.