[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this necessary for cooking burgers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Elk Burgers in Cast Iron Skillet.jpg (175 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Elk Burgers in Cast Iron Skillet.jpg
175 KB, 1600x1067
Is this necessary for cooking burgers?
>>
Is this bait?
>>
>>7337872
No

>>7337886
Fuck yes
>>
>>7337886
>>7337888
No, I'm generally curious. I mean, how will it cook?
>>
>>7337901
Not well. It would be steamed.

It would be fine if the onions were around the meat, but you don't want them blocking the meat's contact with the skillet.
>>
>>7337912
this. for a great burger, or meat patty for that matter, you want a good sear with the pan to produce flavor. then remove the meat and brown the onions and peppers.
>>
>>7337901
Like shit.

When cooking a burger, part of the appeal is the sear of direct heat on the patty. Cooking it on a bed of onions removes the sear and also softens the meat with an onion flavor.

May as well just eat god-damned onion/ground beef stir-fry.
>>
It would be better to put the onions and shit on top if you were trying to cook it this way.
>>
>>7338021
This seems like a waste of onions too me.
>>
>>7337872
Steamed burgers. Terrible idea
>>
>>7337872
The only way this come out well is if you finish it with a goddamn blowtorch.
>>
File: 21030.jpg (323 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
21030.jpg
323 KB, 2272x1704
>>7338031
they go on top of the burgers, like sliders

it's unconventional and definitely tastes different from other burgers but it's basically like a better version of white castle
>>
>>7338021
What this guy said
>>
>>7338038
They're called steamed hams
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.