[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salad Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Salad.jpg (4 MB, 3225x2386) Image search: [Google]
Salad.jpg
4 MB, 3225x2386
How do you make a salad that is

a. Voluminous (so you can get a large serving of veg)
b. Simple/quick
c. Fairly low cal
d. Delicious

I have been doing some combination of kale/spinach, carrots, zucchini, apple, nuts, and dried cranberries either with some salt and lemon juice or whisking together some olive oil/soy sauce/lemon juice/honey. It isn't bad but often underwhelming. Also is there a trick to tossing everything together without everything except the greens going straight to the bottom?
>>
CELERY
E
L
E
R
Y
>>
>>7337778
>Simple/quick
>Delicious.
>Pick 1

It seems that you are adding enough ingredients to your salad already. Red onions might be a good addition and maybe some cheese. Cheese really helps a lot flavor-wise. It seems like you're going really light on the dressing which is fine but add some mustard in there too for some body. In order to toss a salad correctly, you should really dress the side of the bowl you're using, and with tongs or two large spoons/forks, gently grab and twist the salad. But yeah, ultimately, smaller items just drop to the bottom due to gravity. You could always just flip the salad onto a large plate from the bowl though to reverse it if that does happen.
>>
>mixed greens (spinach, chard, kale etc)
>avocado
>pecans and cranberries
>green onions, peppers
>balsamic vinaigrette
>olives and some feta
>>
>>7337778
Check out salade nicoise
I also like using canned beans (chickpea, black, pinto, kidney) on my salade. Artichoke bruschetta is delish too.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.