[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wintery Weather Foods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 20160202_135016.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160202_135016.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
What do you like to eat when it's cold and wet and blustery outside? We're having an icy cold winter storm, so I made Panang curry for lunch, with eggplant, mushrooms, onions, bok choy, pea shoots, and tofu.
For dinner, I'm making from - scratch cream of celery soup and BLTs.
>>
chili is good when its cold out
>>
Just millet pudding made with milk, cream and maple syrup
>>
>>7336693
Something hot, obviously. A good hearty soup, stew or chili is always a safe bet, and roast meat and veggies are fantastic- with the added bonus of warming up your house and filling it with the smell of delicious foods.

As a side question, I've looked into making mulled wine before for when the weather gets chilly, is it something thats easy to mess up? Any particular things to use/avoid? Should I use a good quality red or gas station tier wine?
>>
I made tortilla soup last night that lasted for today's lunch and dinner. french onion soup the night before.

I also stocked up on stuff to make grilled cheese and tomato basil soup.

I also have bacon but that's for when I feel really lazy and I'll just eat that on toast. Denver and our shitty blizzard here.
>>
>>7336693
Bow down to Korean master race and have kimchi soup or army stew

Vietnamese is another good option
>>
>>7336783
Pho that is
>>
File: BreakfastCasserole.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
BreakfastCasserole.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7336693
This. Line cast iron with homemade biscuit dough, cover with 1lb of cooked and crumbled sausage, 8 eggs, and some cheese. Make some sausage gravy to top everything off.
>>
File: CornishHenCasserole.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
CornishHenCasserole.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7337499
Or, game hens with rice.
>>
>>7336693
I'm down south so I'm a gumbo and jambalaya kind of dude.
>>
Winter is pretty much the only time of year I eat ice cream. I don't know why, I just don't find it as enjoyable in the summer.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.