[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why the FUCK do people leave feedback on recipes that they have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-02-02-11-30-45.png (268 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-02-11-30-45.png
268 KB, 1080x1920
why the FUCK do people leave feedback on recipes that they have changed? is it all middle-aged women?
>>
>>7335562
To give other people with no imagination some ideas on how they can potentially modify the recipe to make it better or to better suit their own tastes.
>>
>>7335562
Instinctual pride response. Another person has implied they have positive qualities by posting the recipe, so the commenter feels the need to prove they're better by improving it.

You know when you meet someone who always has a story to one-up the current one in the conversation? It's those people.
>>
>>7335562
It annoys me too.

>>7335607
I was surprised when someone I know told me this. It's true that some people really do like to see how the recipe can be improved.
>>
>>7335562

This thread is pretty decent, but it's not as interesting as tip vs. don't tip debate threads, because in those you can really see the butthurt from service industry folks when they realize most of us don't believe they should automatically receive a certain percentage of the total bill just for doing their job. Rude, or slow service? No tip for you.
>>
>>7335651
That's actually what I tend to do when I look at recipes online. Disregard the obviously retarded ones and then you're often left with some interesting ideas for modifying the recipe.
>>
>>7335651
>It's true that some people really do like to see how the recipe can be improved.

Yeah, but most of the time the changes to the recipes aren't improvements.

IMHO most of the time it's people "blogging" for lack of a better word. They just want to talk and have their opinions listened to. Frankly that's the case with most reviews. The average person lacks the experience or the knowledge to write worthwhile reviews anyway. They usually don't have a basis of comparison so they just state their own personal opinion.
>>
>>7335681
>Yeah, but most of the time the changes to the recipes aren't improvements.
I agree, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
>>
>>7335660
Truedat.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.