[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People who get angry at the concept of authenticity believe that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: tall-poppy-syndrome.jpg (44 KB, 240x258) Image search: [Google]
tall-poppy-syndrome.jpg
44 KB, 240x258
People who get angry at the concept of authenticity believe that by stamping their feet and denying that a dish has a history, they can escape their own feelings of inadequacy. This feeling stems from a belief that authenticity is a made-up concept used by pretentious people for the sole purpose of acting superior. They believe that any record of a historical recipe represents a potential attack on their personal well-being.

Why is it that so many people embrace ignorance and bristle at facts?
>>
>>7333876
nah some people just think authentic means the same as tastes good, and inauthentic means it tastes bad.
>>
>>7333919
If you had a choice between a delicious authentic pizza made of ripe fresh pomodorini at the peak of the season, basil right from the garden, mozzarella di bufala campana DOP, and a perfectly executed crust cooked in a refractory oven, or a disgusting chain pizza from pre-frozen chemical dough topped with pre-shredded fake "cheddar" and a generous squirt of tomato-flavored paste, why would you choose the disgusting option except as a childish, self-defeating sort of "rebellion" against an imagined mother figure? It's like you actually want to sabotage all your meals and you cannot relax until you've had your little temper tantrum and symbolically destroyed any good to come your way.
>>
>>7333935
Pretty shitty bait, anon.

Awful false equivalence and frankly too autistic sounding, even for /ck/

2/10
>>
>>7333935

Because the second one is cheaper and makes you feel more full. This is the only criterion for a lot of people.
>>
>>7333935
Your brain is weak.
>>
Same reason for all the fast food threads. Most of /ck/ doesn't actually have an interest in cuisine. They just like eating.
>>
>>7333943
>>7333947
It must be clappyfat hours in here
>>
>>7333935
You make a good point but it falls on deaf ears because capitalist puppets are too brainwashed to consider eating anything that they weren't told to eat by the man on the telly.

It doesn't really matter though because people like you and I will continue to enjoy real food that actually tastes good while the other sheeple will just continue to feed the capitalist machine while waving the american flag and shouting something about freedom and guns and whatnot.
>>
>>7333999
Now I don't think your samefagging because that would mean you might actually mean what you're saying. I don't believe that there are any megaedge highschool sophomores on /ck/ I'd like to think they're all on /b/ or /r9k/. I think you're just jumping on the shipost bandwagon
but I could be wrong.
>>
>>7333953
I don't think they even like eating in the human sense of the word. They are more like animals, addicted to the sensation of being full.
>>
>>7334025
you've contributed nothing.

story of your life, i suspect.
>>
>>7333935
The fact is OP is entirely right and the kids getting buttflustered are exactly the people he's referring to.

My uncle is one of these very cunts who decries good food despite being rich, and orders Domino's because it's more suitable for stuffing his face and escaping his emotions than for taste.

I don't even have a problem with it but it's irritating when fatfucks shit on genuinely good food because it intimidates their feeling of inadequacy by not being comfort food.
>>
Anyone who obsesses over authenticity is insecure and seeks validation by asserting superiority.

Authenticity cannot be achieved unless the food is in its original environment and culture. Incidentally, authenticity has no intrinsic value. Good food is good and bad food is bad regardless of origin. Idiot strawmen equate authenticity with specific ingredients and inauthenticity with cheap processed garbage.

tldr enjoy food on its own merits you stupid faggots
>>
>>7333935
Water is a chemical you dumb liberal
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.