[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck does a tire company review restaurants? And why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: -WPN0EBo.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
-WPN0EBo.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
Why the fuck does a tire company review restaurants? And why do people care what they say?
>>
>>7333481
They started doing it to give motorists a guide to restaurants around the country so they would know where to eat before the days of yelp. Now it's the most respected restaurant review authority

Wa la
>>
>>7333481
>And why do people care what they say?
Why do people care if a movie wins an Oscar or a TV show an Emmy? Why do people care if a writer wins a Pulitzer? Prestige, anon.
>>
>>7333481
The same reason why a water company gets to tell you that noma is the world's best restaurant even though people have gotten diarrhea and burnt onions there: why not?
>>
>>7333514
>why not?
I like this answer the best. It reminds me of, "Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it."

If you point at something and say, "I like that the best," most people will follow your lead if they like you. Because why not?
>>
>>7333481

It's ridiculous, what do they know compared to the knowledge of chefs? Marco was right about it.

Hell, even if it is a meme that he does Knor stock cubes, he's probably better off giving lots of his knowledge to the every day person
>>
Same reason a beer company is in charge of compiling world records.
>>
>>7333514
>diarrhea

So true, it's more about ^consistency^ than anything else.
>>
>>7333481
They are French, and the Guide was started in France back in the day when only the wealthiest people could afford cars. So the idea was to list the places where a very wealthy Frenchman could get a meal that would be in like with their standards of food, decor and service. No0t the kind of places the average person would ever eat, but truly elite restaurants.

The hope was that knowing good places to eat in other cities and towns would encourage the wealthy to drive longer distances, and thus sell more tires. If you think about it that's a very French perspective: the wealthy being more likely to travel by car for leisure because they're assured they can find restaurants that live up to their standards along the way.

Over a century later it's the most coveted restaurant award in the world.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.